Looking for beer to try + question

Jess Stryker

Mama said to knock you out
Ok, so tomorrow's my 21st birthday and I'm going to be taken out to some bars / strip clubs. Basically never touching alcohol before other than a strawberry daquiri in the past, I'm wondering what some good ones to try are. I'm thinking of trying Blue Moon if they have it, but not sure what else. Also, if you could maybe describe the taste or whatever, that would be good too.

Also, a somewhat related question, though different topic. Obviously, if I'm going to a strip club, I'll need singles. Question is, how many? I was thinking 30-40, but never having done this before, I have no clue if I'm over or undershooting with that number.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204314&page=40

Great thread full of beer recommendations and discussion of beer.

Most of my favorites would be too much for a beer newbie--it's all stuff I HATED 10-15 years ago when I was just starting drinking as strong and/or bitter beers are a very much an acquired taste.

To have something better thant Bud/Miller/Coors domestic piss water that isn't too much for a newbie I'd say maybe a Sam Adams, or a New Castle Brown Ale, or a some Hefe Weissen (wheat beer) to ease into learning an appreciation of beer.

As for the strip club, just a matter of how much you want to spend, how much you'll be going up to dancers etc. No need to get singles before hand, can just change out 10s and 20s and the bar as you need them.

Yeah, don't be the creepy dude who shows up with a wad of singles.

At least bring a roll of quarters. Make those girls work for their money. ;)

[quote name='JJSP']Yeah, don't be the creepy dude who shows up with a wad of singles.

At least bring a roll of quarters. Make those girls work for their money. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yea... just a tip. Never tip a stripper with quarters. It will get you kicked out.

Also, don't look into the stripper's eyes too much. I stripper cursed out my friend for that offense :p

Personally, I'm a fan of Yeunglings (if you're in the North Eastern US) or Killian's Red :)

[quote name='Jedimaster7705']Also, don't look into the stripper's eyes too much. I stripper cursed out my friend for that offense :p

[/QUOTE]

Who the hell looks into a stripper's eyes? You can see eyes anytime.

[quote name='JStryke']Ok, so tomorrow's my 21st birthday and I'm going to be taken out to some bars / strip clubs. Basically never touching alcohol before other than a strawberry daquiri in the past, I'm wondering what some good ones to try are.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. You'll be so blitzed after your third that you won't know what you're tasting anyway.

But if you really want to know, anything by Delerium is excellent. Pyramid Apricot Heffeweizen, Boddingtons, JW Dundee Honeybrown Lager, Corsendonk and Tequiza are all good as well.

Im not a beer coniseur, but Blue Moon is nice from the tap. Im more of a friend to Jack Daniels.

Take dollar bills if your going to go up to the stage. Personal lap dances usually cost 20 bucks. Depending on where you live and where you go.

Have fun

Blue Moon is excellent. However, many people don't like beer of any kind when they first try it.

You're probably going to hate the taste of all alcohol that's not flavored.

PBR

whatever you drink is gonna grow on you.. PBR is drinkable, cheap, & respected by anyone who matters

but for a 21-run you should really be doing shots & blacking out, fuck beer

You can black out from beer, definitely. When I went for a couple months without drinking- before I quit altogether- 5 beers in a couple hours didn't make me black out, but they did make me feel pretty drunk and fall asleep. For someone who's never drunk any alcohol before, really... pace yourself.

Blue Moon is horrible corporate swill marketed as a "boutique" beer by Coors. Avoid at all costs. So many amazing domestic micro and craft beers, not to mention imports, there's no excuse to drink a "big 3" beer ever again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I used to only drink Jack n Cokes because I couldn't stand the taste/smell of beer, but that all changed after having a bartender as a roommate for a year. I started off with Blue Moon w/ a slice of Orange. Pyramid Hefeweizen, Land Shark, and Shock Top all have a similar light wheaty/nutty taste to them. Fat Tire and Red Trolley are a couple more I'd recommend.

Guinness is wayyy too thick for my taste, so save that for St. Patrick's Day or watching Boondock Saints. Heineken and New Castle aren't too bad but definitely have a stronger after taste than the previous ones mentioned. Even after growing accustomed to beer I still can't stand Corona, but out of the major domestics (Bud/Coors/Miller) I'd recommend Miller Lite, it just has a much smoother taste than the rest.

You might want to try drinking at the bar in a Yardhouse restaurant sometime so you can sample a few different brews at once, they have the largest selection of random ass beers I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
you should try :

-Alcohol is what led my step-father to kill my mom in her sleep
-Alcohol is what led my childhood to be a living hell
-Alcohol is what makes me want to kill myself every living second of my life

--I hope you enjoyed my story--

cool story bro. I had the same problems with pokemons.

+1 on other suggestions that you develop a palate. I'm in my early 30's and beer tastes way different now.

Please don't drink beer with fruit in it. It encourages them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']you should try :

-Alcohol is what led my step-father to kill my mom in her sleep
-Alcohol is what led my childhood to be a living hell
-Alcohol is what makes me want to kill myself every living second of my life

--I hope you enjoyed my story--[/QUOTE]

Damn dude... yea I guess with that much depression in your life you wouldn't really need alcohol to enhance it. You might want to try smoking a lil something though, might take the edge off.

And if you were genuinely honest about all that, my sincerest apologies. I had a friend whose dad was killed in an office shooting by a disgruntled ex-employee when he was 13 and whose mom died of cancer when he was 18. He made at least one "cry for help" type suicide attempt, swallowing some pills, and then called me. But overall he just ended up becoming the type of person who would use everyone, including a best friend like me who was practically family. Don't bury all those feelings or blow them off, get help.

The one and only, Newcastle! Best beer in the world. Also don't take any money to a stripclub as they will just scam it out of ya. If you want some weakass lapdance then take some 20's but no singles required. It will seem fun at first but then you'll realize they just wannabe prostitutes who want more money for nothing than what a hooker will charge for everything.

My advice is to ditch the strip club and find some hookers. It will be cheaper and better. Strip clubs are for losers imo.

[quote name='Archfiend']
My advice is to ditch the strip club and find some hookers. It will be cheaper and better. Strip clubs are for losers imo.[/QUOTE]

And hookers aren't. :rofl:

I'm no fan of strip clubs either personally, but I'd say having to pay for sex is pretty damn high on the loser scale.

Shock Top has taken to be my favorite beer at the moment. Followed closely by Arrogant Bastard and Blue Moon. Have fun on your 21st:applause:

I actually held up pretty good as far as not blacking out goes (I joke I was probably too tired to black out - mainly as my sleep schedule is out of whack right now to begin with thanks to work). I'm sure not being a lightweight helped me probably absorbed the drinks a bit as well.

Ended up taking some friend's advice and didn't do a whole lot of variety. According to him, when you start drinking the different types of alcohol, that's where you get into trouble as far as feeling sick and such. Guess I should ask how true that actually is, but being a newbie to the whole thing, sounded good to me.

Ended up having some Captain cokes, Buttery Nipples, and a random stranger bought me a straight shot of vodka.

[quote name='speedracer']cool story bro. I had the same problems with pokemons.
[/QUOTE]

LOL that's hilarious.

But yeah to the OP, since it's your bday you should have one of your buddies buy you at least one lap dance as you are going to be pressured all night by the strippers (that's where they get most of their money and they will be constantly "working you" to get you to pick them).

Just don't be afraid to be picky. The worst thing that could happen is having to pay for an ugly chick to grind on your nob for 5 minutes.

Pick the hot bitch and enjoy yourself.

Edit: Oops, guess I was too late, hope you enjoyed yourself.

I did forget to mention the stripper, didn't I? Probably because I had company over this morning and updated on another forum as well, so it must have slipped my mind here I guess.

But yeah. I wasn't sure what to expect at the strip club. I've never been the most social person in the world, so was a little nervous but overall had a good time. I definitely found my favorite early. Started climbing the pole like a monkey which got me to come over to the stage for the first time to begin with, and she did all sorts of things (either to me or the other people around). She took the one guy's hat, wore it during some of her one routine, and also used it as floss among other things. When she took off her dress, she put it around my neck (also spilled my drink, but oh well, I wasn't paying :razz: ) and "cleaned" my glasses with her G String.

[quote name='JStryke']Ended up taking some friend's advice and didn't do a whole lot of variety. According to him, when you start drinking the different types of alcohol, that's where you get into trouble as far as feeling sick and such.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to drink a lot of water before bed, 50+ ounces, and drink more water any time you wake up throughout the night.

Everyone's different, but personally if I drink enough water throughout the night (which can be tough to remember after drinking yourself stupid, so it doesn't always happen) I never get a hangover. If I forget to force-hydrate myself I feel like shit the next day. The difference it makes is incredible.

[quote name='antlp89']LOL that's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

no it isn't -- dont encourage terrible posts

[quote name='Maklershed']No knee rubbing to your special purpose?[/QUOTE]

If you mean a private lap dance, I got one of those as well.

[quote name='Koggit']Just be sure to drink a lot of water before bed, 50+ ounces, and drink more water any time you wake up throughout the night.

Everyone's different, but personally if I drink enough water throughout the night (which can be tough to remember after drinking yourself stupid, so it doesn't always happen) I never get a hangover. If I forget to force-hydrate myself I feel like shit the next day.[/QUOTE]

50+ ounces? Holy fuck. I drank no water and felt fine this morning when I woke up. Heck, I hardly drink water as is anyways. My liquid nutrition is milk in my cereal bowl and a crap load of soda. :razz:

"Flossing" things and cleaning your glasses with her g-string is kind of gross. Besides, you should have gone to a full nude club!

Also, I forgot to recommend Jagermeister. If I still drank and had $30 at a time to blow on a bottle, I'd drink that.

[quote name='Matt Young']"Flossing" things and cleaning your glasses with her g-string is kind of gross. Besides, you should have gone to a full nude club![/QUOTE]

Maybe it is a bit gross, but it was kind of spur of the moment, so it was all fine. Plus, they were all nude at least halfway through each act.

I skipped going out to a bar or having any drink when I turned 21. I only had a small mixed drink a few months ago, but never had beer again since I was a kid. In all honestly, I would like to try a beer sometime, but need to find the right situation to do it in.

bread's done
Back