Looking for cheap ethernet and hdmi cables

You read about something that supposedly happened back in March, and there was zero evidence of anything that was done wrong. I've ordered from them dozens of times and have had zero issues.

I would use meritline if you don't trust monoprice.

Not to mention Monoprice actually took measures to increase their security despite the claims being nothing more than allegations. (Plus, if you're buying online, you should always use a CC--not a debit card--with fraud protection. Chase has great fraud protection, fyi.)

I was one who's account was hacked and I have placed orders since then. Any website you order from can get hacked. If you are worried about theft just pay with your paypal account.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']I was one who's account was hacked and I have placed orders since then. Any website you order from can get hacked. If you are worried about theft just pay with your paypal account.[/QUOTE]

ill give them a shot then. if a fellow southerner can give them a shot again after being burned ill take a chane with them.

I had issues with Monoprice when they were hacked and have ordered from them since the issue. They more than made up for the issue in what they did to fix the issue and prevent it from happening again.

i went with monoprice after doing alot of pricematching their deals are impossible to beat. i dont get how other stores can justify charging 20 to 40 bucks for a 6ft hdmi cord when theyre selling them for 1 to 2 bucks. btw on the topic of hdmi is that the best quality you can get out of a ps3?

You only need a cable long enough to go from your receiver to your TV. The only problem with getting a short cable is, most places charge more for shipping than for the cable. There's not really a problem with getting a 2m cable, so if the price is pretty close, you'd be covered if you ever needed to move your receiver further away from your TV than it is now.

I usually get 'em from Amazon - from one of the seller partners. They're usually $4 or less after shipping.

I just bought a 50ft ethernet cable off Amazon for about $6.

Good alternative if you have Prime or extra fillers you wanted to purchase for the $25 free shipping.

When I needed ethernet cables, I used to just get them on eBay. Sellers would frequently have them for about $1, but shipping was a killer at like $6, so I would make up for it and order like 4, combine the shipping, and only pay about $10 for all of them. Ran internet into every room of the house that way. Of course, then they came out with wireless routers at affordable prices.

[quote name='Obi-Juan']Another HDMI question if y'all don't mind: Do I need a cable longer than 1.5 ft. if I'm just connecting a receiver to my LCD TV? I was thinking of going with this cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024007&p_id=3872&seq=1&format=2

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Just has to be long enough to reach. But IMO better to have a bit longer than that so you can easily pull out your receiver when you need to hook something up, or want to clean the shelf etc.

If you really are paranoid about getting your information stolen just get one of those pre-paid credit cards and use that. That way even if the number gets stolen there is no/very little money on it.

[quote name='lokizz']and not from monoprice i read somewhere they had issues this year with peoples cc info being used and illegal charges being made. any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz']i went with monoprice after doing alot of pricematching their deals are impossible to beat.[/QUOTE]

/thread

bread's done
Back