Looking for cheap gaming hdtv (22-32 inch)

R.E.K.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
My Olevia 26 inch just got dropped face first into the corner of my desk. I had it almost 2 years, I paid $375 then, and I loved it! Needless to say, its ****ed now. I need a new TV quick. I don't mind the brand... I just need a good working replacement at the lowest cost.

I'm looking for a 22-32 inch.

Thanks.

Vizio is the best budget TV you can get. You can probably snag a 32" 720p one from $300 to $330. I have one and it works like a dream. Don't really like their remotes though..

Microcenter has the Olevia's(refurb):
27"-32" $299
37" $349

Select a store that is close to you and search Olevia. Otherwise call and get one shipped. Also look at there Online Catalog(upper right side).

While not a tv, Target has an ACER brand LCD monitor(21.5") on sale for $189 till January 2010. It comes with an HDMI port and a couple of other options for hooking up other items to it.

LINK: http://www.target.com/Acer-21-5-Wide-Screen-LCD-Monitor/dp/B001IBHF62/sr=1-5/qid=1251105851/ref=sr_1_5/181-9787157-1031969?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aacer%20lcd%20monitor&page=1

I'm considering this option myself, as it has an HDMI port, so I can use the Sony brand HDMI cable I bought for $8 from Kmart.

I recommend ditching the tv and get a Full HD PC monitor.

1) Most TV's under 30 or so inches don't actually have full 1080p HD, they just have 720p (its said because you can't tell the difference at the smaller screen size) whereas HD PC monitors of any size come at 1080p.
2) Nowadays most HD monitors feature both HDCP suport and at least one HDMI input.

The only difference between a regular HDTV and PC monitor is that the monitor doesn't have the tv tuner (no cable) although you can purchase an exterior tv tuner later if its really desired. That, and most PC monitor built in speakers suck, but you can easily plug in good PC speakers for cheaps.

If you are looking for just something to game in HD with, I highly recommend. PC monitors are often half the price. You can stay cheap but don't to go with crappy brands like Dynex of Vizio

Newegg had a deal on an HD Asus 24" monitor just he other day for like 170 + 10$ rebate. They always have good deals.

I currently use a Asus 23", my Xbox360 looks gorgeous.

get a 30" CRT HDTV... cheaper than same size LCD and waaay better video quality. if you live in a major city you can find one on CL for $300 for a crappy LCD

better viewing angle, better color, and muuuuuuch better contrast than any LCD you'll find

bread's done
Back