Looking for Darth Tater

happy

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know what stores sell darth tater and the other star wars Mr. Potato heads. I've looked in TRU and Walmart to no avail.

I'd prefer not to order them online, but if that's the only way you can feel free to point me somewhere with a good price. Amazon only sells them as a 3-pack for $60, when the retail seems be below $10 for each individually.

Thanks

If you're going to order it online, hasbrotoyshop.com has Darth Tater for $7.99.

They don't seem to have any of the others in-stock right now, but I got the three-pack (DT, R2-Potatoo & a Spud Trooper) from them for less than $30 delivered a few months ago.

I was in a costco yesterday with no luck.

If hasbro online gets the 3-pack in again I'd order it from them, but for just one the over $5 shipping charge kills it.

Are these supposed to be rare, or am I just really unlucky? TRU had stacks of those TMX elmo things, but the guy working in the store didn't even know what Mr. Potato Head is.

[quote name='happy']I was in a costco yesterday with no luck.

If hasbro online gets the 3-pack in again I'd order it from them, but for just one the over $5 shipping charge kills it.

Are these supposed to be rare, or am I just really unlucky? TRU had stacks of those TMX elmo things, but the guy working in the store didn't even know what Mr. Potato Head is.[/quote]

I ordered during their friends & family promotion -- I believe it was 10% off + free shipping, though I could be wrong. I don't think they're rare -- the Darth Tater has been out for a few years now.

Unfortunately there isn't a k-mart near me... When I went to KBtoys today the guy working said they were sold out and may get more in tuesday so I'll give that a shot.

I feel like there is something wrong with paying $60 for a set of three toys that sell for $9 a piece, so I won't do the $60 set thing. As for the amazon marketplace, $30 is better but the shipping is $10. I may try to search for a hasbro free shipping code and at least order the one they have in stock.

Well I went to another Walmart today, just because I was going to be nearby and they had the metal tin 2-pack of Darth Tater and Spud Trooper. The thing must have been sitting on the shelf for 2 years it was so breaten up, but it was also only $15 (amazon sells the same for $50), and it seems like everything important is in good shape, just some rips on the wrapping, and the metal box thing is slightly dented.

Thanks everyone for your help

[quote name='GT']31.99 is a total ripoff. You better be desperate if you pay that.[/quote]
according to one of the posters above, each potato head goes for around $10 w/o a coupon code. how is $31.99 for 3 a rip off?

[quote name='Frank784']Don't know anything about the site, but a quick search turned up for the trio for $60.

http://www.bananatoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=B/CTGY/Potato&gclid=CMKTqIjPuIkCFQkygQodH2oeOQ[/quote]
you can buy them from the same company through amazon for $31.99 (look at my post a few up from yours hehe)
:lol:

Well retail is 7.99 I believe. Also, shipping for that amazon marketplace set is another $10. $32 including shipping wouldn't be bad, but 40+ is really pushing it.

If you read 4 posts up or so, you will discover that I did find the 2 pack at walmart for $15, so yes I did try there (it was my 3rd walmart)

Do they sell R2 D2 buy himself, I want that one. I saw all 3 in one pack at Costco but did not buy cause I had 2 already. Should have gottten it anyway. Mickey

My local TRU has tons of Darth Taters. They only had one spud trooper which I got for a gift this Christmas. All for $7.99 (last time I checked as of a week before Christmas).

bread's done
Back