Looking for deals on a Sony Bravia 40-50in

PuNK45S

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to buy a new TV soon (I had to sell my old HDTV when I moved so Im stuck with a 19in crt) and I figure I might as well go all out and get something good that will last.

So..Im looking to get a Sony Bravia, somewhere between 40-50in (bigger the better) for around $1000 or less.

I know there are a few refurbs around for that price, but I'd prefer new if possible.

I said between 40 and 50.

And I have seen the Bravia 50s for around 1500 on sale. So its possible.

I'd be willing to go up to around 1500, but would prefer to keep it to 1000 or less, which is why I made this topic, simply to see if anyone else knows of deals, not for people to mock my post.

Need more information: Which series S (I do not recommend the S), V (meh), W, XBR#?

I assume you are not looking for 120hz?

Also, in your price range I would actually recommend Samsung, Toshiba or another brand to get more bang for the buck (this is a personal thing- I am more feature and quality driven buyer than brand drive; but that is a personal thing).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Need more information: Which series S (I do not recommend the S), V (meh), W, XBR#?

I assume you are not looking for 120hz?

Also, in your price range I would actually recommend Samsung, Toshiba or another brand to get more bang for the buck (this is a personal thing- I am more feature and quality driven buyer than brand drive; but that is a personal thing).[/quote]

Well, Im more focused on a Sony just because I know that as far as hardware goes it'll last.

But I'm pretty open. I do want quality, but the life and durability are just as important to me as quality is.

I'm not planning on making the actual purchase for a little while (probably a couple weeks) Im just researching prices and trying to find a price range I like.

I got my 40" Sony LCD from a floor model sale from Fry's for 999.90 in December. You might want to see if you can go that route. Comes with the full manufacturer warranty.

Samsung models imo are much better. It's a bit cheaper and the picture quality is amazing and they last long with their great build quality. Sony isn't the only reliable vendor

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Samsung models imo are much better. It's a bit cheaper and the picture quality is amazing and they last long with their great build quality. Sony isn't the only reliable vendor[/quote]

I know Sony, Sharp, and Samsung are the best for quality without spending thousands and thousands on a tv, but I've heard that Samsung has a higher failure rate then the others. I'm not completely educated on this stuff, but I have looked into some samsung models.

As I said, Im just trying to get a feel for prices right now.

bread's done
Back