Looking for gamecube component cables

milmanias

CAGiversary!
I realize asking this is probably pointless, but does anyone know where to find the gamecube component cables? I ordered an HDTV and would really like to play RE4 on progressive scan. Currently Nintendo has them listed on backorder, but I can find them for $40 + shipping at ebay and $35 (+ $9 shipping) on Lik Sang, but the LS site mentions 2 to 4 weeks for delivery. My best bet is probably ebay, but having become a cheap ass through this site I was hoping for something around $25 - $30.

Thanks,

[quote name='milmanias']I realize asking this is probably pointless, but does anyone know where to find the gamecube component cables? I ordered an HDTV and would really like to play RE4 on progressive scan. Currently Nintendo has them listed on backorder, but I can find them for $40 + shipping at ebay and $35 (+ $9 shipping) on Lik Sang, but the LS site mentions 2 to 4 weeks for delivery. My best bet is probably ebay, but having become a cheap ass through this site I was hoping for something around $25 - $30.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

I think they are

is RE4 even PS? I don't believe it is.
Oh and good luck with those, I ordered mine form Play-Asia and it took about a month to get here but I am happy with them for the most part. The main problem is having to have so many wires hanging from the system and system selector.

[quote name='Santurio']is RE4 even PS? I don't believe it is.
Oh and good luck with those, I ordered mine form Play-Asia and it took about a month to get here but I am happy with them for the most part. The main problem is having to have so many wires hanging from the system and system selector.[/QUOTE]

RE4 is Proscan, but imo it's one of the crappier implementations with it, I prefer playing RE4 in interlaced, there's little detail lost and it hides a lot of imperfections in the image.

BTW, the component cables were never sold in stores, so I kind of doubt gamestop would have them for $10, but maybe if they did accept one as a trade in they would.

I did the same thing w/RE4, it was the first time I had every NOT turned ProScan on for a game. I thought it looked better a little blurrier.

[quote name='milmanias']I realize asking this is probably pointless, but does anyone know where to find the gamecube component cables? I ordered an HDTV and would really like to play RE4 on progressive scan. Currently Nintendo has them listed on backorder, but I can find them for $40 + shipping at ebay and $35 (+ $9 shipping) on Lik Sang, but the LS site mentions 2 to 4 weeks for delivery. My best bet is probably ebay, but having become a cheap ass through this site I was hoping for something around $25 - $30.[/QUOTE]
If you decide to go eBay, I'd recommend buying from egamestar. I ordered a component cable from them a month or so ago. It arrived in perfect condition, cable box and all. And yes, the cable will work with NTSC Cubes, even if it's the one sold in Japan.

[quote name='Fox5']BTW, the component cables were never sold in stores, so I kind of doubt gamestop would have them for $10, but maybe if they did accept one as a trade in they would.[/QUOTE]

You can sometimes find used ones that people have traded in at gamestop for an incredibly low price. A friend of mine picked up a set for $3, but it all depends on if you can find them.

Are the ones that have been found at Gamestop Nintendo brand cables, because I thought they were the only manufacturer of component cables for it?

[quote name='lionheart4life']Are the ones that have been found at Gamestop Nintendo brand cables, because I thought they were the only manufacturer of component cables for it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Used ones.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. RE4 and Zelda are the only reason I want one, and if it's not worth it for RE4 then I can wait. I'll stop by all my local gamestops just in case.

I got my cables yesterday, and I feel like I just p!ssed away $45.00. I tried Wind Waker, and it was sharper and more detailed, but the colors didn't look as vivid for some reason and there seemed to be a weird "screen door" effect that was not noticeable when interlaced. I did use the component cable with the PS turned off, and it looked blurrier, but the color was better and the screen door look was gone. It was better than interlaced through composite, but not $45 better. Hopefully the next Zelda game will make it worth it. I'll try RE4 tonight.

Try Metroid Prime, Rogue Squadron II, or Mario Sunshine . . . when I first got my Component cables, those three blew me away.

The number one thing I noticed with proscan on was a brighter image.

I got mine over 2 years ago from the Nintendo site but got free shipping by combining with another deal. They were $35 . . . not a ripoff but also not a deal.

Games good @ 480p (on my 800x600 4:3 DLP projector).

Zelda WW (don't know about the complaint you were having)
Mario Kart DD
Metroid (what little I've played of it)
Super Monkey Ball

:D

Oh yeah, another one is Pikmin . . . I remember when I compared it in proscan vs. normal and it just oozed beauty . . . colorful, sharp beauty

Well I got my Nintendo Comp. cables from Nintendo and I'm wondering why the fuck it shipped in a cheap baggie that has a Nintendo paper stapling it closed labeled "Repair parts". This cable better not be used and why does it have a weird end near the plugs? Think of the part right before the plug on most any Ethernet cable.

Got mines 2day sarang and came the same way so its just not u, but after a month of waiting i'm glad i finally got it and payed only $35 for it instead of like $50 or some shit havent hooked it up yety but will 2day or 2morrow, i was hoping it'd come in a box but but at least it only took couple days to ship

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Got mines 2day sarang and came the same way so its just not u, but after a month of waiting i'm glad i finally got it and payed only $35 for it instead of like $50 or some shit havent hooked it up yety but will 2day or 2morrow, i was hoping it'd come in a box but but at least it only took couple days to ship[/QUOTE]

Huh? Trying to decipher...

Anyways, Components cables pruchased directly would not be used..because they were never ever sold in stores, period. The ONLY place to get them is 1. From Nintendo directly 2. From Nintendo of Japan.

[quote name='gizmogc']Huh? Trying to decipher...

Anyways, Components cables pruchased directly would not be used..because they were never ever sold in stores, period. The ONLY place to get them is 1. From Nintendo directly 2. From Nintendo of Japan.[/QUOTE]

or u can get them off ebay and other sites
3. NCSX - 39.00 - http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/DOL-010.html
4. Lik-Sang - 34.90 - http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?ca...oducts_id=1468&
5. Play-Asia - 39.90 - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71...ent-70-14s.html

but i got mines from nintendo of america, shipped from washington
came in a plastic bag like a used eb accessory
but its wrapped up nice and like new, so i dont believe its used, just not great packaging thats all

and sarang i'm guessing ur talking bout the 3rd and 4th pic about ytf a cord would look like that? well its $35 well spent so who cares right when zelda comes out it'll all be worth it(if zelda supports 480p)

So when you're looking for a tv for this are you just looking for one with a component cable input? I hit up two EBs randomly this weekend and came out with a gamecube component cable and a dual ps2/xbox component cable for about 8 bucks total. Now I need a tv for them.

I got mine for $29 from a small online electronics shop that specialized in hard to find items.

I doubt I could find it again, it was over a year ago.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']or u can get them off ebay and other sites
3. NCSX - 39.00 - http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/DOL-010.html
4. Lik-Sang - 34.90 - http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?ca...oducts_id=1468&
5. Play-Asia - 39.90 - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71...ent-70-14s.html

but i got mines from nintendo of america, shipped from washington
came in a plastic bag like a used eb accessory
but its wrapped up nice and like new, so i dont believe its used, just not great packaging thats all

and sarang i'm guessing ur talking bout the 3rd and 4th pic about ytf a cord would look like that? well its $35 well spent so who cares right when zelda comes out it'll all be worth it(if zelda supports 480p)

[/QUOTE]

AGAIN, THEY ARE NOT USED. Why would Nintendo waste money to make a box, or anything at all? These are not being sold in retail stores. They are purchased directly from them for a sole purpose. There is no need to pick up the virtual box and go 'Yep, this is it!'. Now, the Japanese ones are boxed because they sell them in retail stores.

[quote name='milmanias']I got my cables yesterday, and I feel like I just p!ssed away $45.00. I tried Wind Waker, and it was sharper and more detailed, but the colors didn't look as vivid for some reason and there seemed to be a weird "screen door" effect that was not noticeable when interlaced. I did use the component cable with the PS turned off, and it looked blurrier, but the color was better and the screen door look was gone. It was better than interlaced through composite, but not $45 better. Hopefully the next Zelda game will make it worth it. I'll try RE4 tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've found that some games become blurrier with progressive scan, and the screen door effect is a known problem with wind waker.(doesn't effect all tvs though)

Some games with a real big increase are fzero, luigi's mansion, starfox adventures, metroid prime, super smash bros melee, and most 1st party nintendo games actually.

[quote name='gizmogc']AGAIN, THEY ARE NOT USED. Why would Nintendo waste money to make a box, or anything at all? These are not being sold in retail stores. They are purchased directly from them for a sole purpose. There is no need to pick up the virtual box and go 'Yep, this is it!'. Now, the Japanese ones are boxed because they sell them in retail stores.[/QUOTE]

AGAIN I DIDNT say they were used

Just ordered mine directly from Nintendo for $39 shipped 2 Days. MUCH cheaper then ebay. Can't wait to see some of my games in ProScan

[quote name='Fox5']I've found that some games become blurrier with progressive scan, and the screen door effect is a known problem with wind waker.(doesn't effect all tvs though)

Some games with a real big increase are fzero, luigi's mansion, starfox adventures, metroid prime, super smash bros melee, and most 1st party nintendo games actually.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now I can stop messing with the settings trying to make the screen door go away. It's the only game that I noticed it.

I bought Amped 2, and that really looks good (but it is 720p). Mario Sunshine looks good, but a little blurry IMO. Burnout 3 on xbox looks really good, and Halo 2 looks spectacular, but I was surprised at Chaos Theory. I haven't been unable to make it look as good as I'd like, and it looked awesome on my 27" tv.

Nintendo showed the cables out of stock. I wish I would've waited and gotten them $7 cheaper.

I'm in the market too, but I am sure as shit not spending $30+.
If need be, I'll get a $10 s-video.

I'll check out my local EB/GS for used cables...
Any other ideas, guys?

[quote name='Heyricochet']Yeah, that picture should have 5 plugs if its component. 3 for RGB, 2 for stereo audio.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't have to have the audio cables... Nintendo's cables only have the r/gr/b. You have to use the regular a/v cables for audio, which doesn't bother me as my component cable goes right back to the TV while my regular a/v cables are used hook up to my stereo.

Of course, those ones from EB aren't component cables at all...

I'm still relatively new to the whole S-video thing because I was limited to RF adapters for years due to antiquated television sets. Now, I've actually got one tv with S-video input and one with component. Unfortunately, Xbox is the only system I've found cheap component cables for just yet. :cry:

Damn! Those are definatly S-Video cables. I got even more excited when I saw that the cables were only $10 direct and then I discovered that they were not component cables at all.

Got a gamecube component cable from gamestop this morning for $5.36 at gamestop, i'm glad the employees are too siked up about the 360 to care bout the $35 componenet cable

wow i wish i found them used... i spent $40 at the nintendo site, but it makes games look amazing! With my HDTV its almost like a ps1/ps2 comparison with the proscan on or off. I was even impressed with the gameboy player (which runs in 480p). It makes old gameboy games look really crisp, the resolution still sucks of course, but sitting back on a couch the games look great.

[quote name='pscloud']Found the component cables used at eb for 3.99...minus eb EDGE card, got it for 3.90 tax included :)[/QUOTE]

i'm amazed people find this at eb. what kind of moron orders component cables off of the web for $35+ then trades them into eb for a couple of dollars?

bread's done
Back