Looking for good, affordable LCD montior that...

Forest Mercenary

CAGiversary!
would serve me only in being able to play 4 tables of online poker at once. I currently have a Toshiba notebook that gets only 1 table per screen, partly because of the resolution small. Is resolution dependent on the monitor, or the computer, and would I be able to hook the LCD monitor to my notebook and play like that? I'm looking for a new, quality, but at the same time, cheapy monitor. Someone please help me out. I can post specs if someone messages me, and tells me how to find them.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']would serve me only in being able to play 4 tables of online poker at once. I currently have a Toshiba notebook that gets only 1 table per screen, partly because of the resolution small. Is resolution dependent on the monitor, or the computer, and would I be able to hook the LCD monitor to my notebook and play like that? I'm looking for a new, quality, but at the same time, cheapy monitor. Someone please help me out. I can post specs if someone messages me, and tells me how to find them.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Are you just a hardcore poker player or do you want to have 4 seats at one table?

You can get a 17" KDS monitor for probably 170 or so if you look around. It's good quality.

Sometimes dealnews.com reports on a no-name brand. The best I've seen is a 19" for less than 200.

Of course it's not a great investment if it dies a year later. The problem with LCD screens is that if their backlights burn out, you're SOL.

I'd suggest a KDS if possible. Sometimes ViewSonics go on sale also. Just check dealnews.com every day, they come up frequently.

Starman: He's hardcore/trying to make money. If you can make, theoretically, $10 per hour per table, you could force $40 an hour. In my experience I try to stop when I'm 10-20 up over my original investment, no matter how long/little I've played.

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']would serve me only in being able to play 4 tables of online poker at once. I currently have a Toshiba notebook that gets only 1 table per screen, partly because of the resolution small. Is resolution dependent on the monitor, or the computer, and would I be able to hook the LCD monitor to my notebook and play like that? I'm looking for a new, quality, but at the same time, cheapy monitor. Someone please help me out. I can post specs if someone messages me, and tells me how to find them.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Viewsonic VA712b, older monitor, but still in production: 8 ms response time, high contrast ratio, true color, and both DVI and VGA

I bought it at Fry's for $220, the highest price I've seen on it B/M is $249

Look into it.

bread's done
Back