Looking For Harmony/Universal Remote

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
My Logitech Harmony Remote (520) seems to be hitting its last legs. Currently, the text on the LCD screen is fading away to being almost ineligible. The remote itself still works, but I want to plan ahead should things get worse.

I bought this remote on an EBay special years ago for around $30. I see that current Harmony brands run on Amazon for significantly more. So I could use any advice on the best possible specials, discounts, and so on, or even if it would be cheaper repairing the remote I have.

Should I decide on a new remote, I would like to have the ability to program several of my devices at once depending on a custom preset: for example, I'd like to set up an Xbox profile that A) turns on my 360, B) switches my HDMI switcher to the proper input, and C) switches my TV to HDMI 1 (HDMI 2 is my cable channels).

I should also mention that I have an iPhone and iPad, so if there exists some sort of app that would let me control all these devices as well, I'm open to the suggestion.

First off, I would try to contact Logitech and tell them what's wrong with your remote. I've heard stories of them sending out replacement remotes to customers when then current remotes bite the dust. There's an e-mail contact form when you look at your remotes' support page. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Second, since you already have a Harmony remote, moving to a new model is super easy since the software will take the configuration you already have and just transfer it to you new one. Then it's just a matter of making small tweaks depending on what features are different between your old remote and the new one.

Finally, a site like slickdeals.net is good for finding deals on Harmony Remotes. You can just do a search there and see what shows up. Might not be able to find something for $30 though. http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&forumchoice

bread's done
Back