Looking for: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

[quote name='62t']just be careful of bootleg on ebay. If it said DS and DSLite only than it is fake.[/QUOTE]

Very good point, I forgot this is one of the more commonly bootlegged titles. Of course, avoid anything from Hong Kong as well.

If it says ships from Hong Kong, says it doesn't work on DSi, or there are a lot of typos in the listing, there's a good chance it's a fake.

[quote name='Josef']If it says ships from Hong Kong, says it doesn't work on DSi, or there are a lot of typos in the listing, there's a good chance it's a fake.[/QUOTE]

Nah, its much, much worse now. I shop for DS games everyday, and most buyers now(even buyers who have thousands of rating at 99%+) are buying them from wholesalers now and reselling them in their own store. Apparently warehouses are receiving them in bulk in the US and then reselling them onto other sellers on ebay. The problem is just getting bigger and bigger now, and it doesnt even matter if they are in Hong Kong or the US, you have to be very very careful. Easiest way to make sure though is if it states not for DSi, cause if you pay attention to US sellers trying to sell them, its actually easier for them to get caught since theyre in the US, so you notice most of the US sellers list without a doubt wont work on a DSi. Look around, its funny. I wanted to report them, but just too many now. And eBay really does not give a damn anymore. Filthy bastards.

But really best way to make sure, any time you're unsure, post it here, well not here in this section, but you know what I mean. Many CAGs know how to look out for things like that, so your best source of fighting bootlegs is here honestly. Or you can pm me, I have pretty good experience with it since I shop on eBay all the time, and out of the 372 DS games I own, I've only been conned once on a fake FF Tactics A2 and I got refunded for that.

Appreciated.....:bow:

[quote name='Squarehard']Nah, its much, much worse now. I shop for DS games everyday, and most buyers now(even buyers who have thousands of rating at 99%+) are buying them from wholesalers now and reselling them in their own store. Apparently warehouses are receiving them in bulk in the US and then reselling them onto other sellers on ebay. The problem is just getting bigger and bigger now, and it doesnt even matter if they are in Hong Kong or the US, you have to be very very careful. Easiest way to make sure though is if it states not for DSi, cause if you pay attention to US sellers trying to sell them, its actually easier for them to get caught since theyre in the US, so you notice most of the US sellers list without a doubt wont work on a DSi. Look around, its funny. I wanted to report them, but just too many now. And eBay really does not give a damn anymore. Filthy bastards.

But really best way to make sure, any time you're unsure, post it here, well not here in this section, but you know what I mean. Many CAGs know how to look out for things like that, so your best source of fighting bootlegs is here honestly. Or you can pm me, I have pretty good experience with it since I shop on eBay all the time, and out of the 372 DS games I own, I've only been conned once on a fake FF Tactics A2 and I got refunded for that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, be careful on the bootlegs. I actually just ordered a copy a few days ago on Amazon Marketplace. The guy that I talked to, nickijasonbooks, sent me a copy that was in a clear container, and the cover was cleary scanned and printed. His response was that he bought a few copies from a local "discount store" and no one had complained about them yet.

[quote name='Josef']You can't because the image is a stock photo. However, the other clear giveaway is that the item ships from Hong Kong.[/QUOTE]
I'm not talking about the stock image. Halfway down the page is an image of the item.

Can we look at that picture and tell if it's a bootleg?

I found one at Gamestop today for $30 used.

Almost picked it up, went with Kirby Superstar though, if it's still there I might get it on Tuesday.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I'm not talking about the stock image. Halfway down the page is an image of the item.

Can we look at that picture and tell if it's a bootleg?[/QUOTE]

Even if the picture is real it doenst mean the game is

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I'm not talking about the stock image. Halfway down the page is an image of the item.

Can we look at that picture and tell if it's a bootleg?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it's a bootleg. I took a picture of my sealed copy that I bought for $5 on clearance at Sears. At first glance, I see the following:

1. The font of the "E" and everything in the rating stamp is different
2. The E rating symbol is slightly off to the right and covers most of Mario's foot
3. The Nintendo symbol (on the bottom right) is also slightly off to the left and covers most of the cart's wheel
4. You can't see it in my pic (sorry, blurry phone pic), but the "Nintendo" font (bottom right) on the eBay one is smaller, looks different, and isn't quite centered within its bubble stamp
5. Not sure if it matters, but the eBay one has a different plastic seal

Mine:

3918818526_41f2c7d9de_o.jpg

the eBay one:

Mario%20&%20Luigi%20Partners%20In%20Time.jpg

[quote name='parKer']I'm thinking it's a bootleg. I took a picture of my sealed copy that I bought for $5 on clearance at Sears. At first glance, I see the following:

1. The font of the "E" and everything in the rating stamp is different
2. The E rating symbol is slightly off to the right and covers most of Mario's foot
3. The Nintendo symbol (on the bottom right) is also slightly off to the left and covers most of the cart's wheel
4. You can't see it in my pic (sorry, blurry phone pic), but the "Nintendo" font (bottom right) on the eBay one is smaller, looks different, and isn't quite centered within its bubble stamp
5. Not sure if it matters, but the eBay one has a different plastic seal

Mine:

3918818526_41f2c7d9de_o.jpg

the eBay one:

Mario%20&%20Luigi%20Partners%20In%20Time.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Excellent post! =D I have mine but your post will be extremely useful for whoever's planning to buy the genuine copy.

bread's done
Back