Looking for movies/games/books storage

SlammedNiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I've been looking at a few on Amazon, such as Prepak, Atlantic, and Sauder. Looking for recommendations. Which brand names are good, quality built, etc. I would prefer one with adjustable shelves to display items that don't conform to normal sizes too.

BTW, size wise, we have probably a couple dozen books, about 125-150 movies, + games for the 360, PS2, Wii, etc. And our library is ever expanding.

I've never had Prepak stuff. Atlantic has always been solid for me. I find that Sauder shelves tend to start sagging fairly quickly, while Atlantic shelves have held up nicely even after 5+ years of constant use.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've never had Prepak stuff. Atlantic has always been solid for me. I find that Sauder shelves tend to start sagging fairly quickly, while Atlantic shelves have held up nicely even after 5+ years of constant use.[/QUOTE]

Same experience here. I have 4x Atlantic cabinets and they're simply above and beyond anything else in regards to design, build quality and layout. Each one still looks just as good as the day I purchased it. But they're very pricey.

With that said, I've owned quite a few Sauder (and their re-branded stuff sold in Walmart and office stores) and can't say I've ever regretted a purchase considering how cheap they are. They don't always look the best or have the best layout (fucking hate their un-even shelf heights!) and corners/edges tend to chip off (easily hidden with some paint or, if you wanna be extra lazy, a permanent marker).

Atlantic is significantly better but costs more. Sauder will get the job done just fine though if you're ok with the (very minor) issues.

I also recommend Atlantic. Prepak is crap. It's really hard to find a good sized media storage shelf in brick and mortar stores these days. I'm still looking for something to hold my 600+ discs.

I've been using Sauder for years (at least four or five different units) and I'm quite pleased. The shelves do sag just a touch, but I've never experienced the other issues that Vinny mentioned.

bread's done
Back