Looking for PS3 deal

Nerdy290

CAG Veteran
Is there any PS3 deals either 80 or 60gb, and also any deals for a mic for ps3, thanks.
PS: I am new to CheapassGamer so i don't know much, where is the rules and stuff like that thread?

I haven't seen any deals :( other than the $100 cash back when signing up for a Sony credit card.

[quote name='Nerdy290']Is there any PS3 deals either 80 or 60gb, and also any deals for a mic for ps3, thanks.
PS: I am new to CheapassGamer so i don't know much, where is the rules and stuff like that thread?[/quote]

yah, me too :roll:

There has to be something (a free game, gift card or a discount). I feel bad having to pay the full price $400, and dont get anything else. :cry:

I am also lookng for a ps3 now that little big planet is coming out.
I would buy one used if it was cheap enough.
ebay currently has the 20% cashback trough live search(there's a thread in Deals forum), but I don't know if the ps3s on ebay are overpriced or not.

Has anyone bought a ps3 on ebay recently or know how much they sell for?

The only deal I've heard is the $150 cashback when you get a SonyCard and use it to buy your ps3 at sonystyle.com I've been reading the forums at SD and the offer seems to be working.
So:
1. You sign up for a sonyCard
2. approve. buy a ps3 at sonystyle.com
3. get $150 applied to your account.

Ps3 80 gb $400 + 27 tax
-$150
you pay $277, and I think you can also get a $20 rebate from sony points.

You get free shipping and 0% interest for 12 months.

What do you think?, good deal or not?

Sony can't turn a blind eye to MS sales for ever, they will break eventually. I would be happy if they just toss in a AAA game for free, which might be more possible and reasonable than a price drop this holiday

I know about the sony style, $150 dollars thing but that is only in US... I live in Canada sorry I didn't mention it earlier. Thanks,

If you can find a Toys R Us with the 40 GB for 350.00. Came with 2 games and a blu-ray movie. There was something else too but I can't remember what it was. Just saw it last night and I almost bit. Sorry I don't remember the details.

Im kinda in the same boat looking for a ps3 deal, and the Sony card deal seems pretty good but i would really like to have a completely backwards compatible one. Has there been any talk that im not aware of releasing any backwards compatible models in the near future? I know that the day after i break down and buy a ps3 kotaku will have "PS3 now backwards compatible...again" headlines all over the place

I bought a refurbished 20gb PS3 from Gamestop for $380 a while back, and it should still be available online. It's not a bad deal if Backwards compatibility is important to you- this model features the same level of compatibility as the original 60gb. Only major drawbacks are the lack of built-in WiFi and the small hard drive, which can be easily upgraded down the road.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']Sony can't turn a blind eye to MS sales for ever, they will break eventually. I would be happy if they just toss in a AAA game for free, which might be more possible and reasonable than a price drop this holiday[/QUOTE]

I'm amazed that Sony hasn't been more aggressive on price. I bought a PS3 60GB in summer 2007 for $430 (after a $40 coupon and a free controller that I returned). I sat on it for a few months waiting for games to come out but finally I decided to sell it because I had enough to play with my 360. I sold it for $700 (probably only made $100 after shipping and fees).

I figured I could get one (I'll keep my PS2 for bc) for $300 this year (because of a price drop) and then save on top of that with some deal. Instead they sit at $400 and there are finally enough games to play.

I don't know about the Live deal . . . I don't want to buy one on ebay . . .

The Sony deal is intriguing . . . I have to think it over a little.

fuck . . . I was getting ready to do the Sonystyle deal but lost track of time . . . the $150 promo ended yesterday . . . I was going to sign up for the card today

Now I have $250 in mind as a PS3 price and I'll have to wait until next year to get one

I will check into this offer more closely, i think they are still offering the $100 off currently, thanks for the input!

amazon has a good deal buy a ps3 and 4 blurays and you save 100 dollars averages around 370 total not bad for a system, movies and, free ship, no tax imo
im waiting to see some bf ads though but system don't go on sale in my experience you just get a bogus bundle

the sonystyle deal will come back around, i watched it jump last month from 50 to 150, just check it every couple of days. I am waiting to get my card, hopefully since i signed up during the promotion i will still be able to get the 150 credit

I called Sonystyle this morning and chatted with customer service. She said there will be a good chance that the $150 offer will come back soon. Went ahead and signed up for their newsletter so i should be on top of it!

bread's done
Back