Looking for recommendations on a good cover for my controllers

Brock F'N Sampson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Recently I started getting into my epic backlog with a friend of mine.  We started on the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3 yesterday.  I noticed that he was touching my dualshock controller with his greasy hands after he had just eaten a snack.  I've kept telling him to wash his hands before he uses the controller, but he keeps "forgetting" to do so.  After he left my house, I checked out the controller and it was super greasy and dirty to the point were I had to take 15 minutes to scrub it with alcohol to get it back to normal.  My backlog also extends to the Xbox 360, which we haven't gotten to, yet.  I also have a 4 year old nephew who's pretty rough with controllers, so I figured I should do something about this issue asap.

I decided I'm going to get a controller protector cover for my PS3 dualshock controller and one for my Xbox 360 controller to solve this issue.  Thing is I don't know where to start looking for some and I'm not sure which protectors would be good quality ones to get.  I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone who could point me towards a good xbox 360 controller cover and a PS3 controller cover.  Sorry if this seems like a stupid issue, but I figured this was the best place to ask.

Get them a cheap third party controller to use.

5218_b.jpg

Get them a cheap third party controller to use.

5218_b.jpg

LOL, thanks, I was just thinking of that. My first thought was to get one of those silicon sleeves for a super cheap price, but maybe getting another controller might be better. I have some third party controllers laying around and even a pc controller that looks like a third party playstation controller (I doubt the PC one will work on a console though), but they don't have vibration for games like metal gear solid were vibration is a big part of the game. I'll check some out on amazon so that I don't have to hear my friend bitching about the lack of vibration, lol. Thanks.

Edit: I just realized that getting a third party controller would be best because the silicon sleeve would not cover the d-pad, buttons, or the back of the controller. Getting a silicon sleeve would mean that I would still have to keep cleaning the controller regardless, which is not what I want to do. Thank you very much the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back