looking for the best prices on a graphics card.

Dragonsbane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hey guys which one of these are the best cards for the lowest price

GeForce 5800 series, GeForce 5900 series, GeForce 6200 series, GeForce 6800 series
GeForce 7300 series, GeForce 7800 series, GeForce FX 5700 series, GeForce FX 5900 series, GeForce FX 5950 series

I got a 256 6200 today for 51.00 but I am having doubts, its not installed yet. I have a 6600 in my comp currently but its not working for BF 2142 these are the ones that are supported..... Im looking for a card under 100, if possable.

6200 is a very poor card. I'm pretty sure that the 6200 is a big step backwards from the 6600.

Try the 7600.

EDIT: Damn, didn't see the under 100. Hmm.. You could find a 7 series card I think for that.

under 100 is a lil hard....

i just got a series 7 7900 from best buy last week for about 140... great value.

upgraded from 2 6600 gt's

i say go for a series 7 card

I would just wait till BF and get the x1600pro from BB or the 7600gt from circuit city. I don't think either are door busters, so that shouldn't be a problem, but you will still have to make the effort to fight the crowd that day. I would avoid that 7300. I don't think it would be that much of a upgrade from your 6600 if any.

[quote name='Thongsy']I would just wait till BF and get the x1600pro from BB or the 7600gt from circuit city. I don't think either are door busters, so that shouldn't be a problem, but you will still have to make the effort to fight the crowd that day. I would avoid that 7300. I don't think it would be that much of a upgrade from your 6600 if any.[/QUOTE]

That does look like a good card

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Anyone have any opinions on that 7600 GS AGP? I'm looking to get one last good AGP card before upgrading to PCI-E in a year or so.[/QUOTE]
The 7600GS is a decent card for running newer games at medium settings at high framerate. Don't expect to get playable framerate on highest resolution/settings on anything recent though

If I were you, id go for the 7600gt at circuit city. It beats the x1600 in every benchmark by about 10 fps. I myself am going to pick one up early in the morning on friday :)

edit: Here are the benchmarks conducted by Tom's Hardware, so you can see for yourself how the 7600gt beats the x1600 in every sinlge benchmark http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=528&model2=592&chart=196

Dont make a mistake of paying $99 for something not as good as the other for even a lower price! ($89.99 at circuit city)

[quote name='Sik Laxer']would that pci-e card work on a regular pci slot? i only hav pci and agp =([/QUOTE]

No you'll need a AGP card then good luck finding a good one, everythings PCIe nowadays.

yea i plan on getting that radeon x1600
and i do plan on upgrading my motherboard soon once i earn some more funds after this shopping spree =)

[quote name='pcgamer58']If I were you, id go for the 7600gt at circuit city. It beats the x1600 in every benchmark by about 10 fps. I myself am going to pick one up early in the morning on friday :)

edit: Here are the benchmarks conducted by Tom's Hardware, so you can see for yourself how the 7600gt beats the x1600 in every sinlge benchmark http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=528&model2=592&chart=196

Dont make a mistake of paying $99 for something not as good as the other for even a lower price! ($89.99 at circuit city)[/quote] I saw the one at circuit city for "89.99" that price was the price that you get after the rebate, so you would have to pay $199.99 which was the actual price they were asking for it, then put it for the rebate. Plus, it was only a 256mb card, I have the exact same card so don't get me wrong its really awesome and superior (i only paid 180 for mine and that was a few months ago so the circuit city sale wasnt much of a deal), but the Radeon x1600 deal --that sold out in under a minute online on Thanksgiving-- was a 512mb card for $99 (no rebate) marked down from $205, but now the sale is over so forget about it. I'd get for the 7600GT hahaha. I wish i was able to buy the 1600 from bestbuy, that would have been some good ebay fodder.:bomb:

Hey guys thanks for the input I was able to get the 1600 from best buy(went on sale on the website thanksgiving day) I know that there are some concerns expressed but i think that the x1600 will suit my needs

bread's done
Back