Looking for Tom Tom GPS deals - New only

ICEPICC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi, so I'm Looking for Tom Tom GPS deals - New only
I'm not sure what options I should look for, They all look the same except for the screen size. What do you recommend for a low budget.

Do i need to buy a traffic antenna for traffic updates? Why doesnt it come with the antenna?

Are Tom Toms the best GPS?

no refurbs or re certs plz

Thanks.

at costco you can get a nice widescreen tom tom one XL for 200 USD

antennas should be built in on them and whats nice is that this one gets lifetime traffic updates.

This is what I saw at costco, I bought one before for 100 but its older

[quote name='ICEPICC']Hi, so I'm Looking for Tom Tom GPS deals - New only
I'm not sure what options I should look for, They all look the same except for the screen size. What do you recommend for a low budget.

Do i need to buy a traffic antenna for traffic updates? Why doesnt it come with the antenna?

Are Tom Toms the best GPS?

no refurbs or re certs plz

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Anyone will tell you Garmin are the best "consumer/prosumer" GPS' out there. I've had 3 Garmins and 2 Tom Toms and I can attest to this. IMO Tom Toms seem to go a "haywire" sometimes (The worse being when my TT went into a frenzy when I was in downtown Chicago where the streets are seriously close to each other and construction,buildings and towers were everywhere). Both TT models did this over the week I was there. Had to rely on signs to get me to the Museum, Park, Wrigley, etc..

Also I hear Garmin is getting rid of MSN for Google within the next couple years.

Personally, I'd go with a Garmin.

If you're looking for a TT or Garmin "on the cheap", keep an eye out at Target (who seem to mark their GPS' down as often as they do their videogames). What until it hits a spot to your liking (30-75% off) and grab it.

When Target was "hot", I use to go their every Monday morning at opening before I went to work to check out the games. I've always noticed people would dash to the electronics section and snag clearance GPS' up.

Do your research (CNET, Amazon, etc.) Never, ever, ever pay MSRP (or even close to) for any GPS. They crank newer models out monthly and it wouldn't do anything but piss you off.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Anyone will tell you Garmin are the best "consumer/prosumer" GPS' out there. I've had 3 Garmins and 2 Tom Toms and I can attest to this. IMO Tom Toms seem to go a "haywire" sometimes (The worse being when my TT went into a frenzy when I was in downtown Chicago where the streets are seriously close to each other and construction,buildings and towers were everywhere). Both TT models did this over the week I was there. Had to rely on signs to get me to the Museum, Park, Wrigley, etc..

Also I hear Garmin is getting rid of MSN for Google within the next couple years.

Personally, I'd go with a Garmin.

If you're looking for a TT or Garmin "on the cheap", keep an eye out at Target (who seem to mark their GPS' down as often as they do their videogames). What until it hits a spot to your liking (30-75% off) and grab it.

When Target was "hot", I use to go their every Monday morning at opening before I went to work to check out the games. I've always noticed people would dash to the electronics section and snag clearance GPS' up.

Do your research (CNET, Amazon, etc.) Never, ever, ever pay MSRP (or even close to) for any GPS. They crank newer models out monthly and it wouldn't do anything but piss you off.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything this guy says i have a garmin and my sister has a tom tom and hers is always freaking out and losing signal while my garmin works like a charm. but if you go with a garmin, make sure you update it ASAP because there was a bug floating around some of the newer models but they fixed it and the update is free.

bread's done
Back