Looking for Transformers on HD DVD

Flushola

CAGiversary!
It unfortunately seems like I'll have to wait to buy a PS3 (which means no Transformers on Blu Ray.) So, where can I pick it up on HD DVD? I thought DDD would still have it, but it's not listed on their site :( I saw the recent Fry's post but i'm in Michigan and have no Fry stores near me.

Any help would be most appreciated :)

[quote name='Flushola']It unfortunately seems like I'll have to wait to buy a PS3 (which means no Transformers on Blu Ray.) So, where can I pick it up on HD DVD? I thought DDD would still have it, but it's not listed on their site :( I saw the recent Fry's post but i'm in Michigan and have no Fry stores near me.

Any help would be most appreciated :)[/quote]

There are a lot on ebay.. auction prices around $15~$18.
But, if you want it now, usually the BUY-IT-NOW is over $20.

I have it...but I don't think it would do much help telling you I have it...or you can go to Fry's like the others said above me.

I got so many good deals at Fry's on their HDDVD selection. It was YMMV I think but I got the

Mission Impossible Triligy for $20
Sleepy Hollow for $5
Coming to America $6
Trading Places $6
Planet Earth BBC edition for $25
Transformers for $11
Constantine for $7
Serenity for $7
Tomb Raider for $6
Stardust for $9
Batman Begins for $10
300 for $8
The Freightners for $10.

I also got some more from a clearence at the Movie Trading Company.

I'd recomend HD DVD. There really are more then enough movies to warrent a buy.

Also Transformers on HD DVD was very good I thought. I was unimpressed By Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow and only thought Constantine was alright by comparison. I still need to find time to watch more since those are the only 3 i've had the time to watch.

if you can't find it, i also have it for sale...10 dollars shipped. i have it posted also over at highdefdigest...

Has anybody compare the HD-DVD version of Transformer with Blu Ray version?
Notice any major difference between the two?

[quote name='cagfansub']Has anybody compare the HD-DVD version of Transformer with Blu Ray version?
Notice any major difference between the two?[/quote]

the encode is apparently identical. they basically added TrueHD to the audio choices.

[quote name='allyourblood']the encode is apparently identical. they basically added TrueHD to the audio choices.[/QUOTE]

It is not. Way higher bitrate for the video and lossless audio added. Huge difference in overall package. Also, the blu-ray version is the only one approved by Michael Bay himself.

[quote name='blitz6speed']It is not. Way higher bitrate for the video and lossless audio added. Huge difference in overall package. Also, the blu-ray version is the only one approved by Michael Bay himself.[/quote]

huh. the two reviews i caught made no such mention. can you point me to a link? i'd like to check that out. as for the lossless audio, i mentioned that.

I agree. All the reviews i've seen say don't bother getting the Blue-Ray version if you have the HD DVD. I'd like to see a link to confirm that as well.

[quote name='allyourblood']huh. the two reviews i caught made no such mention. can you point me to a link? i'd like to check that out. as for the lossless audio, i mentioned that.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on needing an link on this. From what I saw yesterday while watching a bit of the Bluray release it looked identical to the HD-DVD. Outside of lossless audio which only an minority of people at this point even care about.... I'll stick with my HD-DVD copy thanks.

[quote name='blitz6speed'], the blu-ray version is the only one approved by Michael Bay himself.[/quote]

because that makes a difference. that guys a douche

Just looked through the forum and it seems those guys seem to agree there is no difference.

Blue Ray seems to be better at times and HD Dvd in others and if you sit a normal distance away you can't even really tell.

A lot of arguing going on over there though through 10 pages to get to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have a massive TV screen and some very expensive speakers, you won't see or hear a difference. Its fun to see all the fanboys argue when they are watching it on a 32" TV using their built-in TV Speakers.

bread's done
Back