Looking into 22in widescreen lcd

I have a BenQ FP222W that I love. It came with HDMI DVI AND VGA inputs. HDMI was a huge plus as I use it for gaming as well. And it was less than $300.

I looked into the Samsung 226BW when I was buying. It's also very good but there is a chance you get a panel that is not manafactured by Samsung that is lower quality. That scared me away and it also doesn't have HDMI.

Unless you are doing graphics work, either of these monitors should be fine.

[quote name='Dakar']

I looked into the Samsung 226BW when I was buying. It's also very good but there is a chance you get a panel that is not manafactured by Samsung that is lower quality. That scared me away and it also doesn't have HDMI.
[/QUOTE]

I got the Samsung 226BW for Xmas and so far I love it. I have no idea what panel I have (I didn't even look) but after tweaking the colors with the included software, the thing looks fantastic. I think there's a rebate for it at Newegg right now also.

[quote name='lilredvampy']Just a FWI, Staples has an acer 22" on sale for $220[/quote]

Staples doesn't have the response time listed so I looked it up and its 5ms. That's a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Dakar']I have a BenQ FP222W that I love. It came with HDMI DVI AND VGA inputs. HDMI was a huge plus as I use it for gaming as well. And it was less than $300.

Unless you are doing graphics work, either of these monitors should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Part of the issue seems to be that with the 226BW, the non-Samsung manufactured panels are incorrectly calibrated. Once correctly calibrated, it's a fantastic monitor. The only real downside to the monitor is that it does not have an highly adjustable stand. Other than that, I love my 226BW and would highly recommend it.

It's a little more expensive right now than the Acer, with only a $40 MIR putting it right at $280.

Frys has a 22 inch samsung for 250 I think. I have that same exact screen and it is freakin beautiful I must say

I've got the Samsung 226BW as well and it's incredible. Awesome colors, and the 2ms response time pretty much eliminates any and all ghosting you would normally encounter.

bread's done
Back