Looking over my game purchases over the past 2 weeks,I have gotten one HELL of a deal

zman73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
With all the sales and deals online over the past few weeks I decided to make a running tally of the games I bought and the prices I paid for all

I factored in taxes, as well as offset costs from say, the selling of CC games and whatnot (of which I have sold very few, and I never set any prices on the 4 or 5 games I sold, I let the seller make me offers)

Now with my haul over th past few weeks from CC's clearance, as well as EB's daily price drops, as well as one trade I made of a TRU green tag game from the 90% off sale:

Zelda: 4 Swords GCN SEALED
F-Zero GBA SEALED
Die Hard Trilogy PS1
TMNT:GBA SEALED
Gungriffon XB SEALED
Splashdown XB SEALED
Rainbow 6 PS1
Capcom Fighting EV PS2 SEALED
Fighting Force PS1
Dark Angel XB SEALED
Pure Pinball XB SEALED
Backyard Wrestling 2 XB SEALED
Final Round PS1
Baten Kaitos GCN SEALED
Manhunt XB SEALED
Project Snowblind XB SEALED
Bloodrayne 2 XB SEALED
Metroid Prime 2 GCN SEALED
Rock the Rink PS1

a total of 19 games for the price just under $95

factoring in a few CC sales, and a weekend PM, those 4 clearance games averaged me 1.50

there are a few crappy games in there: PS1 games I get to receive SAVER shipping, Dark Angel (for my wife)... etc... but overall an excellent haul

Almost as good as the time a few months ago I turned one simple purchase of an ULTRA RARE SNES game into about 8-9 free games, along with 3 game guides

Yeah, not bad . . . but if you consider that only about 3 of those games are really worth playing (not just pop it in to see how bad it is) . . . then you averaged $32 per game.

Not a great deal.

Just kidding . . . not really thread crapping here.

More a reflection on my disease.

Was Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox sealed) really a great deal for me at $10 . . . $5 if you consider how much my EB credit costs me . . . if I never play it? Still sealed and waiting with about 20 other games.

[quote name='schultzed']Was Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox sealed) really a great deal for me at $10 . . . $5 if you consider how much my EB credit costs me . . . if I never play it? Still sealed and waiting with about 20 other games.[/QUOTE]

I'm asking myself the exact same question, since I picked up FSW at the beginning of the year in the Gamefly sale. I've yet to even put it in my system. I've actually managed to cut out some unnecessary game purchases lately because of things like that - I keep asking myself, "is it really a deal if you're not going to play it?".

There are more than 3 good games in there... considering if I was an uninformed game buyer and went into EB and wanted MP2 and Zelda, Id pay about 109 for just the 2 of them

TMNT... a personal WANT for me... used to collect the old B&W comics
Dark Angel... my wife loves the TV show... for 5 bucks... wouldnt hurt

Hopefully my Zelda comes with the cable... I have one already and would like to pick up a cheap GBA in order to enjoy this with my wife and others

CAG has spoiled me to no end... and yes Shultzed, I do have a disease also in buying up games, but between my wife , her family, myself, friends, etc... the games do get played... and of course picking them up for 5 bucks ensures you will probably at the least make all your money back on them

I dont pick up EVERY 5 dollar game as I would before CAG... I have become more selective, and as others have said, I enjoy collecting

bread's done
Back