Looking to buy 1600 Microsoft Points online and not have to wait for shipping.

chuckm79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi. I'm new to the CAG forums, but I could use some advice. I need 400 more Microsoft Points (so I can buy Shadow Complex for 800), but I'm willing to buy 800 or 1600 more Microsft Points. I'd like to just buy a code so I can get the points right away and not have to wait for anything physical to ship to me.

The only point increments I see online are 500, 1000, etc from Microsoft and I don't want these. If I got them and spent 400, then I would have 100 or 600 points left over. I want to have a multiple of 400 points left over, because most of the XBLA stuff I'm interested is 400 or 800 points. The whole Microsoft Point thing is very frustrating to me. I like Steam where I can just buy the games I want using a credit card.

Any advice?

Thanks.
-Chuck

Your best bet is Amazon. It takes a few minutes, but you'll have a code generated for you in no time. I tend to use them whenever I've got some buddies over for Rock Band and someone gets a DLC jones.

Oh. I didn't know that either. I'll check out zune.com then. Thanks for all of the helpful advice!

Does anyone know why xbox.com sells increments of 500? I've never seen any games on XBLA selling for 500 or 1000 points. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='chuckm79']Oh. I didn't know that either. I'll check out zune.com then. Thanks for all of the helpful advice!

Does anyone know why xbox.com sells increments of 500? I've never seen any games on XBLA selling for 500 or 1000 points. It just doesn't make any sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Because of people who get stuck in situations like yours, so they can force you to buy more than you need.

The strange incriments on XBL is just another way to get people to buy more points than needed. I always get my points from Amazon: they generate a code for you and email it.

bread's done
Back