Looking to buy a 32" or 37" LCD TV. Any help?

DomLando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I am looking to buy a 32 inch or 37 inch depending on what I can get. It is for a bedroom and it will be used for mostly watching TV through a direct tv HD receiver and playing games via Xbox 360. I would like to spend no more than $600 and I would like the best quality TV i could get for the money. So I would rather get a better quality 32" then a mediocre 37". I see a lot of the 720p 60hz TVs are not to expensive. Is there a big difference with 1080p and 120hz on these size Tvs? Also any suggestions on a TV would be much appreciated. Thanks.

see amazons gold box today.

Get a flat screen without flattening your bank account. Delivering crisp, clear picture quality, the 32-inch BRAVIA L-Series HDTV provides vivid 720p resolution, a dynamic contrast ratio of 13:000:1 and ample HD connections, including 3 HDMI inputs and 1 PC input. The perfect solution for your bedroom, kitchen or office,... read more
List Price: $499.99
Today's Discount: - $100.00
$399.99

I bought that one a few weeks ago at BB and so far it is a very good set, I paid around $430 out the door. Kids have the PS3/Xbox and Uverse box all hooked up and I have the computer plugged into the VGA port. Only downside I have noticed is that the speakers were not that great, we have a set of PC speakers hooked to it now until I get them a sound bar for it.

I wouldn't worry at all about 1080p on a set that size. Our 32" 720p Aquos looks just as good as our 50" 1080p Samsung.

the LG 32LH40 is my suggestion, i recently purchased it at bestbuy for around 600, but it's the same on amazon, with no tax to boot. Main reason i chose it was because it was under the 650 price range I wanted to stay in and had 120hz, 1080p, and at least a 50,000:1 contrast ratio (it has 80,000:1).
It's workign great so far and was alot lighter than I thought.

Like the previous poster mentioned the LG xxLH30 is considered one of the better panels for input lag which unfortunately affects all LCD tvs. Some people dont notice the lag at all but hard core FPS games try and go for the least amount of input lag possible. While the LGs picture might slightly inferior to a sony or samsung if youre upgrading from an analog set your going to be so blown away you wont care.

[quote name='Greater Malison']Like the previous poster mentioned the LG xxLH30 is considered one of the better panels for input lag which unfortunately affects all LCD tvs. Some people dont notice the lag at all but hard core FPS games try and go for the least amount of input lag possible. While the LGs picture might slightly inferior to a sony or samsung if youre upgrading from an analog set your going to be so blown away you wont care.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, most Sammys supposedly have bad input lag too, I almost purchased one, glad I didn't.

I have an Asus VW266h which has 2ms response time(GTG though) and I still notice input lag on it, it's a TN panel to so it should have faster response time.

There is no reason to spend more than $450 for a 32" tv. You can find a Sony L series or a Panasonic X series for around that price range on Amazon. I know in the past month I have seen the Panasonic X1 series in a 46" for around $500 (even as low as $430 but that sale is over). Heck, I think HH Gregg was selling a 50" LG for $600 2 weeks ago.

My number one suggestion.....wait for Black Friday, wake up really early, and deal with the lines. You will find a good deal. I've already seen that walmart is going to have some 32" LCD for around $250, so just look around in a couple weeks.

I bought my Sony Bravia XBR-9 series 32 inch for $600, not including shipping and tax, off a seller on amazon. It's 1080p and 120hz. Sears, I believe will have the 40 or 42 inch model for the same price for black friday.

[quote name='JonTheSchmidt']I bought my Sony Bravia XBR-9 series 32 inch for $600, not including shipping and tax, off a seller on amazon. It's 1080p and 120hz. Sears, I believe will have the 40 or 42 inch model for the same price for black friday.[/QUOTE]

Did you see this in the actual store? And are you sure it's Sears?

[quote name='BigDirty']If you're willing to go with a 720p 32" TV, I'd recommend the Toshiba 32AV502R, as it's been turning up on sales for around $320 at the likes of TigerDirect, NewEgg, and Buy.com. I've had this set for the past year and it's been pretty great, excellent picture, great for gaming, even good for hooking up the laptop and watching ESPN360 full screen.
[/QUOTE]

I saw this on Newegg for the 329 yesterday and was tempted but no longer. Kind of bummed...hopefully something better comes up Black Friday, I am in the market for a 32" TV.

bread's done
Back