Looking To Buy A 360, Need Help!

Chitown021

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
A good friend of mine is looking to finally upgrade from his old Xbox to a 360 and he's asked me for some advice. I've heard discussions about some consoles coming with better chipsets and quieter drives but I have no idea what to look for.

I searched the MS but didn't find the thread addressing this. Any advice from my fellow CAGs would be greatly appreciated!

There have been hardware revisions of the 360 since it was released. They've gone to smaller chipsets, changed the brand of dvd drive (I think), and changed some stuff with the system's cooling. As long as you get a brand new one, you should have the more up to dated version. You could find more info on xbox scene.

[quote name='erehwon']There have been hardware revisions of the 360 since it was released. They've gone to smaller chipsets, changed the brand of dvd drive (I think), and changed some stuff with the system's cooling. As long as you get a brand new one, you should have the more up to dated version. You could find more info on xbox scene.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

As long as you get a new one now you should be relatively protected from RROD and all the problems from the older build. However, no one seems to have identified a sure fire system to identify the absolute newest Jasper mobos. Folks on the 360 drive database do not appear to be reporting reception of Jasper 360s with any consistency.

bread's done
Back