Looking to buy a bigscreen computer monitor...

Forest Mercenary

CAGiversary!
I need a widescreen computer monitor to play poker on. Currently, I own a wireless notebook, but no actual desktop PC. Would I need to buy one, or can I attach the monitor to my notebook, or does that depend?

What I'm thinking of is using a wireless mouse/keyboard and have the monitor just magnify my computer screen.

And if I need a computer set for that, then make me some reccomendations for a small, but powerful PC that won't be outdated quickly and is a very great deal (deep discount), even if it's not the cheapest option, and obviously a very good, quiality widescreen monitor/plasma tv or something.

I'm also looking for a massaging leather lazyboy if anyone has any suggestions for alternate brands that are just as comfortable, but chances are I'll just buy it from Lazyboy soon.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']I need a widescreen computer monitor to play poker on. Currently, I own a wireless notebook, but no actual desktop PC. Would I need to buy one, or can I attach the monitor to my notebook, or does that depend?

What I'm thinking of is using a wireless mouse/keyboard and have the monitor just magnify my computer screen.[/quote]You could almost definitely buy an external monitor for your laptop, but it does depend on the brand and model number. Could you provide them so we can help you further?

Yup, if you tell us what laptop you got (we're just making sure you don't have something like a Toshiba Pentium II 300 :) ) and we can let you know if it supports external widescreen monitors. Older graphic cards do not have the resolution support for widescreen, so we have to make sure.

Newegg has a lot of widescreen LCDs within reasonable prices. I'm sure if you look at Fatwallet or Slickdeals.net you'll find out even better LCD deals that are going on now.

I get distracted easily, so I forgot about this topic. To answer the question, I have a Satellite Toshiba M35X-S114

Buying a desktop would not be a problem at all for me... so if anyone can suggest that, it'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

Your laptop has VGA out, so if you get a VGA cable you can make the video play on any computer monitor that accepts VGA input (which is, basically, every monitor).

A PC would be more convenient, rather than switching your laptop from desktop to portable mode all the time, but otherwise your laptop would do just fine. You could get a suitable desktop hella cheap though, like $250 or so for something much faster than that model laptop.

If I were you, I'd get a decent desktop/monitor bundle and be done with it. However, if you're not me, you might want to just get just a monitor. Most come with a VGA cable, so all you need is a monitor.

Price is not an issue; I'm just looking for the best value computer, and two big screen monitors. Preferably the same size and model so I have uniformity.

Any good deals currently going on?

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']Price is not an issue; I'm just looking for the best value computer, and two big screen monitors. Preferably the same size and model so I have uniformity.

Any good deals currently going on?[/quote]

If price isn't an issue and you want a big screen for your computer check newegg.com. I recently get a 26 HDTV that I am using for a computer monitor for around $450.

I should rephrase that; I don't want to buy this at regular price; I mean I'll be willing to pay anything if there's a really good deal on say, the best computer out on the market.

bread's done
Back