Looking to buy a gaming headset but which one?

mattfoley7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Any info, advice, or experiences would be great. I was looking at the x41 and px5 but is px5 worth the extra 80-100 $$$ or should I just wait for the px500? Anyways thanx in advance

[quote name='mattfoley7']Any info, advice, or experiences would be great. I was looking at the x41 and px5 but is px5 worth the extra 80-100 $$$ or should I just wait for the px500? Anyways thanx in advance[/QUOTE]

So which do you have: an Xbox 360 and/or PS3 and/or PC? I have all 3 so I'll try to give you some experienced-advice depending on what you play on...

I got the PX21's due to them working on PS3/360/PC and they're pretty good, im not a super audiophile but they work great for hearing things in online games like COD.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I got the PX21's due to them working on PS3/360/PC and they're pretty good, im not a super audiophile but they work great for hearing things in online games like COD.[/QUOTE]

how much did you pay for them? were they worth it?

theres a wireless version(seems like what the OP is looking for) of the px21 called the PX3 that goes for around $130-140. msrp is 150.

The Logitech F540s are stereo wireless and are currently $100 on Amazon. By far the best wireless headset deal. I have a pair and they are amazing. Highly recommended.

I got them cheap through a bundle i bought, but they sell for like 50 or so on amazon. I also did not want a wireless set, ive just had a lot of bad experiences with wireless headphones and would only get a bluetooth pair, and afaik, none of the major headsets are bluetooth.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I got the PX21's due to them working on PS3/360/PC and they're pretty good, im not a super audiophile but they work great for hearing things in online games like COD.[/QUOTE]

the px21's are good entry level headsets, but theyre not very durable. theyre quite fragile actually. but its just the actual design, and not reflective of turtle beach as a whole. ive had some x12's combined with the DSS and theyre super comfortable and they seem miles ahead of the px21's in durability and build quality.

anyways, if youre looking for good brands, i'd say stick with either turtle beach or razer. i did alot of research before i bought my first headset. and pretty much the consensus is that with astro gaming's headsets, youre paying for brand name becuz they sponsor MLG. and with tritton, you get decent audio quality but pretty uncomfortable earcups

bread's done
Back