Looking to buy new CPU i7 3770 normal/s/k

You wont see a substantial jump in performance. Number wise you'll see the upgrade, but in terms of actually feeling it, it won't be there.

If you do get one, get the K model and sell me your i5.

Unless you're planning on streaming games on twitch or doing some sort of video editing. I would say keep the 3570k. I have mine at stock and can stream games perfectly fine. Plus the 3570k can be easily overclocked. I would look into just getting a good 30-40 dollar cooling system and crank that bad boy up.

just built one here from a 920. owns honestly but i upgraded a 1st gen I7 =p

honestly though looking at your system i wouldnt get one till you're ready for a 2nd pc. for me there is a lot of reasons to get a 2nd pc such as streaming on the tv, 2 hour long render times from vegas(ties up the system), I've started streaming on twitch but my cable provider only offers a tier 2 internet package and need some hardcore compression to make it work! lets plays, File server, 2 Box guildwars 2 or everquest :)

another note after my bad exp with newegg, buy all big purchases from amazon instead. i had to file freaking paypal claim ageist NG to get my money back for a 360$ mobo lol.

While I agree that in most cases there is not a big benefit in going from the i5 to the i7, it depends on why. If it is for gaming frame rate, then it is a complete waste of money. Generally, ff you have (at least) an i5, the GPU is far more important than the CPU.

So please tell us the reason(s) why you are wanting to upgrade.

Why even bother upgrading. My i5 3570K outranks the i7 3770K when it's overclocked. Mine is stable at 4.8 GHz with an EVO cooler. I suspect you could do some similar overclocking on your CPU if needed. Half the time I just let it sit idle at stock speeds since it's already overkill for general purpose CPU tasks, even bit coin mining.

bread's done
Back