Looking to buy xbox 360 console (new/used...whatever)

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAGs I'm looking to buy a 360 console for relatively cheap. I don't care if it's new or used. Preferably a Premium console, but I'm open to any offers. Looking to pay cash.

PM me and let me know

I'd reccomend buying a new one. Why?

1: Used ones may be modded and banned from xbox live.

2: You get a free 1 year warranty with the purchase of a new system.

3: You want the warranty.

4: If you are buying a 360, Then you WILL play on xbox live. See no. 1.

[quote name='saadman']Interesting stuff guys

So follow up question......is the Elite really worth it?
Is the Core even worth looking at?[/quote]

i would go premium although i allready have one, hdmi and a 120gb hd dont really justify the higher price tag unless your one of those techy geeks that must have it either way.

If you are planning to buy the 120 gig hard drive anyway, go elite. If you want HDMI, go elite.

If you only want your 360 for playing and saving games, get a core and a memory card.

If you want it for all around use, get a premium.

[quote name='linkpwns']If you are planning to buy the 120 gig hard drive anyway, go elite. If you want HDMI, go elite.

If you only want your 360 for playing and saving games, get a core and a memory card.

If you want it for all around use, get a premium.[/QUOTE]

good break down... if you plan on playing demos or live arcade get at least the premium..for the harddrive space.

[quote name='mrnomis27']I am unfamiliar with the the issues on the 360 -- can someone fill me in on the issue as I am also looking to pick one up.[/quote]

You basically cannot buy one used. If you do, you are taking a ride down shit's creek. A warranty is necessary, I am speaking from experience. Now, see, there are overheating issues, but you can get it fixed within a year if you buy it new. If you buy it used, it may not have a waranty, may be modded and banned from xbox live, or may be broken overall.

If you have an hd tv that has hdmi then the elitie might be a better choice but I wouldnt pay crazy money for it on ebay all the same. I know a lot of people dont mind playing through component on their hd tv or even their standard tv, but its something to think about. I only have a sd tv right now so premium is what im getting.

Also if you buy it new from a store you may be able to buy an extended warranty, and I think in this case it may be a better option. Whether or not the system has a higher than normal fail rate is irrelevant, its an investement and relatively big one at that, so you may want to protect that investment for piece of mind if nothing else.

If you're willing to take a bit of a risk, you could try buying an RROD'd 360 for cheap and fixing it up. From what I've read, there's a fairly easy fix for the problem (tutorials here and here).

You'll be stuck without a warranty, and there's no guarantee that the fix will work, but you'll be able to get a system for less than half price. The success rate on the fix is fairly good (over 90%), and I've heard of several people who have started buying broken systems on eBay and fixing them up to resell.

If you want to be 100% secure in your purchase, don't bother with this, but it could be a good way to get a very cheap 360.

The elite is worth it if you are going to use the extra HDD space. The core isn't worth thinking about.

bread's done
Back