looking to get a wii u, which bundlle is a good choice?

Disp0sable13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
im looking to get a wii u for later this year, maybe around the holiday, for hyrule warriors and a few other awesome choices.

was wondering which bundle may be the best fit for the pricetag, and whats included.

i know of a few of the bundles currently out there including:

The MK8 Bundle
Wind Waker Bundle
Mario and luigi brothers deluxe bundle

i was thinking of just getting the wind waker bundle, seeing as wind waker was one of my favorite gamecube titles, but im not sure how it sizes up to the other bundles on the market.

can anyone possibly fill me in or post a link to a comparison chart?

All I can give is my opinion on each bundle.

Deluxe Nintendoland Bundle
Pros:
-Best value for the Wii U currently. It was being sold on the Nintendo Store for $200.
-Comes with a physical copy of Nintendoland. It's a decently fun game but you can buy the game alone pretty cheap nowadays.
Cons:
-It's refurbised. I don't really trust refurbised items, although I will say I bought refurbised items from them & had my game pad refurbised. All have worked fine for the past year.
-Currently out of stock. May come back in stock. In my opinion it's worth the wait given the value.

LOZ WW Bundle
Pros:
-Comes with the LE LOZ gamepad which is pretty awesome.
Cons:
-Unfortunately, this is the only bundle that does not come with a physical game. Instead you get a code to download WW & another code to download the Hyrule Historia book.
-Will probably be hard to find by the time you plan on buying it, as it's already becoming hard to find anywhere but gamestop.

Super Mario Bros. U Bundle
Pros:
-This bundle is the only way to get both SMBU & Super Luigi U on one physical disc, potentially making the disc more valuable in the future.
-You get two games in one bundle, always nice.
-Sometimes this one pops up for around $250 on ebay.
Cons:
-Nothing I can think of.

Mario Kart 8 Bundle
Pros:
-Best bundle for value if & only if you don't have a wii-mote.
-Comes with a physical copy of the game.
-Comes with a special edition wheel (only available in this bundle) & wii-mote.
Cons:
-It's hard to find right now, & there are rumors going around that it is a limited bundle. May not be restocked, so you may not find it by the time you're looking for it.
-$30 extra for the limited edition wheel, & wii-mote. A good value when you think about regular price, not so much when you figure in other deals if you don't care about LE items. The Nintendo store sells refurbished wii motes with nunchuks for around $30 (shipping included).

Personally, I bought the LOZ bundle. I love the gamepad, but I'm a huge zelda fan, & I always figure if I'm gonna drop a bunch of money on a system I might as well get one that's worth the price. Not so sure this was since I do not care for downloadable games. If that doesn't matter to you, go for it if you can find it during the holiday deal season. It will probably be on sale along with the NSMB bundle.
Personally if I had the choice today, I would buy the MK8 bundle & sell the gamepad to buy the LOZ one. That's just because I like LE stuff though. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's worth mentioning that the free game promotion with Mario Kart 8 only lasts through July 31st.  Not sure of your money situation OP, but you may want to consider getting a bundle this month.

I'd recommend the New Super Mario Bros U bundle and then get Mario Kart 8 separately so you get a free download of The Wind Waker HD.   Or, if Nintendo restocks, get the $200 refurbished system.

If you're not against buying a pre-owned console, you might want to look into one of the pre owned bundles that Gamestop has and save some money. I just got the pre owned Nintendo Maniac Bundle this week and so far so good. It comes with the 32 GB console and 3 used games, although the ZombiU that came with it was brand new with the shrink wrap.

In addition, like coolz481 just mentioned, Nintendo is having a promotion with MK8 where you can download a free game. One of the choices is Zelda Wind Waker, which I just downloaded myself a couple of hours ago.  Something you might want to consider.

bread's done
Back