Looking to sell a HP dv7-1270us laptop. WANT: $600 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
I'm gauging interest in my laptop I currently have, HP dv7-1270us. I've gotten a HP Mini 311 and really have no use for my other laptop. It's almost a year old, bought back on June 15th, 2009. I have the original box and I'm pretty sure I still have the manuals. I also have a laptop bag that as been perfect for carrying this around. This machine can have two hard drives installed. I currently have it dual-booted with an HP XP disc install (disc not included with sale).

XP technically isn't supposed to run on the machine but it does quite well. Only issue is the audio drivers are a little screwy because the hardware wasn't designed with XP in mind. If you purchase, I can leave the XP partition there as well. I was never given install media for this machine. I was able to procure a Windows XP system restore disc but there was no XP driver disc for this particular model. I will include a disc with the XP drivers and install instructions. I also have a Windows 7 Premium 32-bit HP Restore disc. I can do a clean install and load both operating systems or I can load the Vista Home Premium the machine came with. This can be discussed.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (Will do clean install)
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4G
Screen: 17" WXGA+
Max Resolution: 1440x900
Memory Size: 4GB DDR2 (Can be maxed at 8GB)
Hard Disk: 320GB (298GB formatted space)
Optical Drive: BD Combo
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Video Memory 512MB Communication Modem: Gigabit LAN and WLAN Card slot 1 x Express Card Dimensions: 15.59" x 11.22" x 1.31" - 1.66" Weight 7.64 lbs.

Things to know about the condition. The overall condition of the machine is very good, but there is a single dead pixel on the screen on the left hand side, almost right up against the screen edge. I didn't even notice it for like three months. There are also 2 little knicks right next to the touchpad section of the laptop. Also a small knick on the right corner part of the lid. You don't see the mark when using the laptop, just when its closed or looking at it from above. Half the time I forgot those are there, I just wanted to disclose everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends upon the condition and what is included. Really not looking into getting games or anything. Also I'm probably going to go and wipe out the local GameStops at $50 for the consoles so keep that in mind too.

Mainly spare parts/systems for my 3 I currently use as media centers in my apartment. They connect to my main server where I house all the backups of my dvds/music so I can access them anywhere in my apartment.

You must have a huge apartment!

Check out Salvation Armies and Goodwills. I see a bunch of them at my local ones (like 3-4 every time I've checked) and they're like $5 at the most. :cold:

I've got a Halo edition xbox on my TL, comes with all the hookups, controller, I'll through in the high def pack you are interested.

The apartment actually isn't all that big, two bedroom apartment plus the one in the living room. Everytime I go to a goodwill or any place like that I have never found an original xbox. People on craigslist want way too much.

kube00 I'll check your tradelist here after I finish updating TIVs.

Bumpdate, added an offer table. Probably get a lot of shit for it but for now that's the amount I'd like to spend on these things.

I also have a Halo Edition complete with Halo Green Controller it even has the original box with inserts if you would want them, feel free to make an offer.

Still selling eh? Too bad its an HP. ;)

Actually that is a pretty good price,. A few quick questions what's the battery life like and how does Crysis run on it? How many usb ports?

Battery life really depends upon what you are doing. Just standard web browsing with the screen at around 70% brightness I got about 3-3 1/2 hours. Intensive gaming drop about an hour or a little more. Crysis, I've actually never loaded on here. Crysis isn't really my kind of game. 4 USB ports, with one of them also able to function as eSata.

esata and usb for the win!

Well Crysis was the only thing I could think of, what did you use the laptop for? Did you try any gaming?

I used it a lot for playing blu-ray movies and for hooking it up to hotel TVs that had HDMI ports. HDMI out for the win. I did do quite a bit of gaming on it as well. I played Star Trek Online, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 and a few other games as well. I did a decent amount of graphic design on the machine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back