Looks like I'll be joining the club soon...

Allnatural

CAGiversary!
My console crashed twice last night with graphics corruption, so I figure it's only a matter of time before it's completely dead. I'd like to get a new Jasper unit (I'll sell the old one after it's repaired), but I have a few questions:

I'll probably save myself a few $$$ and get an arcade unit. My current HD only has game saves on it, so attaching it to the new console should be seemless, right?

If I decide to get an elite, I figure I can easily move my saves to a USB stick, then to the new HD. Are any games tempermental about having their saves moved? My main concern is Mass Effect. Anyone who has played that game knows that a hidden save is created every time you complete the game (it's this save that's used for importing your character into the sequel), and these hidden saves can't be deleted (short of a reformat). Can those saves be moved?

Really, as bad and unreliable as these are people keep buying more? What the hell is wrong with US game players? Sell it and upgrade to something from THIS gen...

I want to figure this out. Any other product would have been recalled or discontinued by now with such rates.

[quote name='DPsx7']Really, as bad and unreliable as these are people keep buying more? What the hell is wrong with US game players? Sell it and upgrade to something from THIS gen...

I want to figure this out. Any other product would have been recalled or discontinued by now with such rates.[/QUOTE]

Call me when the Wii or PS3 can even begin to compete with the 360's library kthx.

Um, they surpassed it ages ago... The 360 has nothing that can't be played better elsewhere. That's why I can't understand how people keep buying broken or soon-to-be-broken hardware. There's nothing to gain from it.

[quote name='DPsx7']Um, they surpassed it ages ago... The 360 has nothing that can't be played better elsewhere. That's why I can't understand how people keep buying broken or soon-to-be-broken hardware. There's nothing to gain from it.[/QUOTE]

Considering I have a PS3 a Wii and a 360 the only one I play games on is my 360. The Wii collects dust and the Ps3 is a bluray player(well unless a sweet 1st party game comes out). The 360 is so win.

[quote name='DPsx7']Um, they surpassed it ages ago... The 360 has nothing that can't be played better elsewhere. That's why I can't understand how people keep buying broken or soon-to-be-broken hardware. There's nothing to gain from it.[/QUOTE]
There are plenty of exclusives I'd miss if I ditched the system. Sure, some of them could be played on the PC, but that would require an upgrade (likely more expensive than a new console) and I'd have to deal with heavy-handed DRM.

This is my first hardware failure. If the new unit fails and I buy another one, then you're free to call me a masochist.

[quote name='ProggleRock']Just get a Jasper, OP.[/QUOTE]

I think its funny people always recommend the newer chipset. As if someone is actually going to walk into Wal-mart or Best Buy and say "I want to buy a jasper Xbox 360." And no stores area actually going to have the old ones at this point.

[quote name='freshzen']I think its funny people always recommend the newer chipset. As if someone is actually going to walk into Wal-mart or Best Buy and say "I want to buy a jasper Xbox 360." And no stores area actually going to have the old ones at this point.[/QUOTE]

When the Jasper chipset was first released, my xbox had taken a dive -- I went to each retailer looking at MFG Dates. If the xbox 360's were in a lockup case, I would ask them to open it so I could look at each MFG date "for a specific one". I'm sure they thought I was a nut job, but I explained it to them and they just gave me a nod and smile.

Just curious. Those of you with Jaspers, is there a big disparity in temperature between the two fans? With my Falcon, the air from the GPU side is considerably hotter.

bread's done
Back