Looky who I met tonight

Visc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Not a game related story but definately brag-worthy. Rather than go into meticulous details, here's the story shortened in picture form:

Long story short, I went to his concert nearby and was fortunate enough to meet him and the band after the show. He even signed a cd and a cassette for me. Damn sure made my night.

And yes, the expressions are staged.

Fantastic. How was the show?

I'm glad he's around again. He took a break for a while after his parents died on the same day.

it was fantastic. I had great seats, and he went through a TON of songs, including a medley of bits and pieces of about 20 of his singles. He even sang Albuqurque for the encore, and showed snippets of Al TV between costume changes, as well as his televisiion and movie cameos, and some of UHF. I would HIGHLY reccommend going if he's near you.

[quote name='Strell']Watch out. I think he's about to suck your blood.[/quote]

He left me with enough to get home.

I'm so jealous :) Weird Al is the man.

I met Tim Armstrong (Operation Ivy, Rancid) at an Aquabats concert 2 years ago. He was there to support one of his newly signed bands on tour with the 'bats. He was all doped up and had this other chick with him. We chatted for a while and my friend got his wallet signed (I didn't have anything worthy of his J. Hancock) then we parted ways. Wish we got a picture or something but the memory is cool enough.

Isn't it weird how we can make celebrities seem so bigger-than-life in our minds, but when it gets down to it, they're usually just normal people that just happen to be famous. In the end we're all the same.

[quote name='neocisco']What's a cassette?[/quote]

Its an antique or something. I stole it from my parents.

[quote name='brainmunch']I'm so jealous :) Weird Al is the man.

I met Tim Armstrong (Operation Ivy, Rancid) at an Aquabats concert 2 years ago. He was there to support one of his newly signed bands on tour with the 'bats. He was all doped up and had this other chick with him. We chatted for a while and my friend got his wallet signed (I didn't have anything worthy of his J. Hancock) then we parted ways. Wish we got a picture or something but the memory is cool enough.

Isn't it weird how we can make celebrities seem so bigger-than-life in our minds, but when it gets down to it, they're usually just normal people that just happen to be famous. In the end we're all the same.[/quote]

You're right. Al isn't the only celebrity I've met. I've also met Stephen Lynch, Bill Murray, Jimmy Fallon...and all of them have been quiet, modest, and very friendly people. Except for Bill, he seemed to think he was "on" or something. But becuase of him I'm forever dubbed "That Weird Guy".

[quote name='sying']He's probally asking himself, where did you get that kickin Hawaiian shirt, dude?!?[/quote]

Dress code.

[quote name='Visc']You're right. Al isn't the only celebrity I've met. I've also met Stephen Lynch, Bill Murray, Jimmy Fallon...and all of them have been quiet, modest, and very friendly people. Except for Bill, he seemed to think he was "on" or something. But becuase of him I'm forever dubbed "That Weird Guy".[/quote]

Bill Murray I would definitely like to meet. I actually met Richard Simmons once at the Denver airport during a layover. I won't get into it.

[quote name='neocisco']Bill Murray I would definitely like to meet. I actually met Richard Simmons once at the Denver airport during a layover. I won't get into it.[/quote]

Please don't.

[quote name='Visc']Please don't.[/quote]

He was actually wearing a yellow 101 Dalamtians t-shirt and those tiny little shorts. I've already said too much.

[quote name='neocisco']He was actually wearing a yellow 101 Dalamtians t-shirt and those tiny little shorts. I've already said too much.[/quote]

Al was wearing a songebob shirt and ballet dress at one point. I think I'm on par with you except for the fact Al is cool.

[quote name='Visc']Al was wearing a songebob shirt and ballet dress at one point. I think I'm on par with you except for the fact Al is cool.[/quote]

Al was performing, that's fine. Little Dicky Simmons was out in public dressed like this! Not cool, man, NOT COOL!!!

BTW, did Al do "It's All About the Pentiums" and "White and Nerdy"? I love his rap parodies.:lol:

[quote name='neocisco']Al was performing, that's fine. Little Dicky Simmons was out in public dressed like this! Not cool, man, NOT COOL!!!

BTW, did Al do "It's All About the Pentiums" and "White and Nerdy"? I love his rap parodies.:lol:[/quote]

Both :mrgreen:

[quote name='Rig']The Simpsons episode with him in it was on earlier tonight.[/quote]

They showed that snippet during an intermission.

bread's done
Back