Loophole closed for downloading Japanese content?

nuttyturnip

CAGiversary!
When I got my 360 last spring, I created a Japanese silver account so that I could download demos from the Japanese marketplace (namely Eternal Sonata). Everything worked fine, happy days.

Now I'm encountering problems when I try to download the Operation Darkness demo. I tried on Christmas Eve and got the error that the content was only available for Gold members (since the 7 day window hadn't passed yet). Ok, that makes sense. I waited the week, but now when I try to download it, I get the error that the "content isn't available in my region". The Silver account isn't banned, and I can view all the content in the Japanese marketplace, and can even download items that are available in the US (I tried the BioShock demo as a test), but it seems I'm blocked from downloading Japanese stuff. Anyone else noticed this?

[quote name='nuttyturnip']When I got my 360 last spring, I created a Japanese silver account so that I could download demos from the Japanese marketplace (namely Eternal Sonata). Everything worked fine, happy days.

Now I'm encountering problems when I try to download the Operation Darkness demo. I tried on Christmas Eve and got the error that the content was only available for Gold members (since the 7 day window hadn't passed yet). Ok, that makes sense. I waited the week, but now when I try to download it, I get the error that the "content isn't available in my region". The Silver account isn't banned, and I can view all the content in the Japanese marketplace, and can even download items that are available in the US (I tried the BioShock demo as a test), but it seems I'm blocked from downloading Japanese stuff. Anyone else noticed this?[/quote]

Yea, I did the same thing to get Eternal Sonata. And I also did the exact same thing for Operation Darkness(try to get it when it said gold and then now) but it won't won't for me either. I understand them restricting the whole thing about videos being in a different region, but now it's kinda pointless to have my Japanese account :(

I can't use my Canadian Camaro Gamerpics anymore .
I don't know if it's my refurb or the lock out .
They are on the HDD , but not visible in the choices when I try to change my pic .

The only reason I still have my pic is because I havent changed it yet .
My personal pic is the 5IVE founding member one .

Man, I'm screwed if Sony ever closes the loophole with the Japanese and HK PSN stores. I have money on there.

bread's done
Back