Lord of Shadow LE $29.99 @ Kmart

GalvatronType_R

CAGiversary!
Just bought this tonight for a steal along with Killzone 3 cashing in SYWR points. I'm fairly certain the 360 version is the same price but YMMV. Kmart is quickly becoming my favorite place to buy games.

EDIT: Yes, I mean Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and this is a B&M deal. Again, YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coopx']is that a new game?[/QUOTE]

I think he means Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, but I could be mistaken.

there are some other good clearance titles @ kmart right now guys check the kmart thread at the top for the full list this is in there too

I got in on the Fry's deal and have played through the 2nd chapter. I'm not convinced that this is a great game but somehow I can't put it down. I'll keep playing to see how much more I can tolerate.

[quote name='sadboy']When did Kmart start selling video games?[/QUOTE]

This. Mine just has a pile of game-esque boxes with the spines facing inward behind a glass case.

[quote name='Donkey132']69.99 online...guess it's B&M only. That sucks since my nearest kmart is like an hour away[/QUOTE]

Same here. I never get these kinds of deals.
I just wish those prices are universal through online too.

[quote name='Scorch']Josh posted this in his thread 11 days ago.. you guys should really take a look at the clearance list he posted.[/QUOTE]

I tried looking for said list, is it mixed in with the replies?

[quote name='windsmere']Good luck finding it in store I looked at the few stores near me but with no luck[/QUOTE]
For once I love living in small towns as nobody really buys games here from Kmart, so I'm sure I'll be able to find a couple there since just last week i remember they had at least from memory 3 copies in

[quote name='Muthafodder']I tried looking for said list, is it mixed in with the replies?[/QUOTE]

really? it's in the third post of the thread..

[quote name='Scorch']really? it's in the third post of the thread..[/QUOTE]

I see it now...heads up on the spoiler tags would've been nice ;)

I don't think searches pull the information in spoilers.

it was one of the best games out last year period. The undue hate was blindly thrown at it by metroidvania retards and trolls.

anyone who rated it below 9/10 is a troll and or doesnt like awesome games.

if you dont like 3rd person action games like this then you probably shouldnt be playing it anyway. I dont like fighting games so you dont see me playing them or rating them.

So is this confirmed to be PS3-only? I've been looking for the LE of this game at a decent price. This would definitely qualify in my book, if the deal is also for the Xbox 360.

Thanks,

-B

[quote name='Scorch']Josh posted this in his thread 11 days ago.. you guys should really take a look at the clearance list he posted.[/QUOTE]

This past Sunday, I went to my local Kmart with a print out of the items listed in the PS3 and 360 portion listed. Not one of the games listed rang up as the price on the list. Then again your YMMV, cause it ain't working for me. Really had my hopes up to. I wanted to get 6 or 7 games in the list Josh posted.

[quote name='Abbadon74']So is this confirmed to be PS3-only? I've been looking for the LE of this game at a decent price. This would definitely qualify in my book, if the deal is also for the Xbox 360.

Thanks,

-B[/QUOTE]
Well in the clearance section it's listed on PS3 only.On the Xbox 360 list it's not there.

[quote name='windsmere']Good luck finding it in store I looked at the few stores near me but with no luck[/QUOTE]

I saw one at my Kmart but left it there. I checked Amazon and it was going for $45 or so on the marketplace. Not enough profit worth the effort to flip it after tax. Plus it's a DVD-size case which sucks imo. I do want to play the game, but I never care about limited editions and I'm sure by the middle of the year this will be down to $15 or so used through gamefly or blockbuster or somewhere.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I saw one at my Kmart but left it there. I checked Amazon and it was going for $45 or so on the marketplace. Not enough profit worth the effort to flip it after tax. Plus it's a DVD-size case which sucks imo. I do want to play the game, but I never care about limited editions and I'm sure by the middle of the year this will be down to $15 or so used through gamefly or blockbuster or somewhere.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel, too. Not worth it just for the game since it'll drop more later this year at some point.

[quote name='mrrepoman']This past Sunday, I went to my local Kmart with a print out of the items listed in the PS3 and 360 portion listed. Not one of the games listed rang up as the price on the list. Then again your YMMV, cause it ain't working for me. Really had my hopes up to. I wanted to get 6 or 7 games in the list Josh posted.[/QUOTE]
Kmart stores have 7 days from receiveing a price change to actually make the change. This is probably why you didnt have any luck. That store manager is just lazy I guess.

I got the standard edition and would love to upgrade it to the LE, but alas, no LE in my area :whistle2:( $30 is awesome... Everywhere else is $60.

Anyone played both versions and see any differences between 360/PS3? Im pretty sure this is PS3 only but I would trade-in the 360 version to get the PS3 LE in a heartbeat. Amazon is giving $25 for it right now (360, standard).

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I saw one at my Kmart but left it there. I checked Amazon and it was going for $45 or so on the marketplace. Not enough profit worth the effort to flip it after tax. Plus it's a DVD-size case which sucks imo. I do want to play the game, but I never care about limited editions and I'm sure by the middle of the year this will be down to $15 or so used through gamefly or blockbuster or somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if your just buying it to flip, it might be best to skip this deal. If you want it to play, its a Great deal, and the very very slim chance it will ever be cheaper is not worth passing it up for. The DVD-case, once you open it up and see it does not suck at all imo. Its actually pretty cool how it folds out like a big book. The art book and extras are lacking, but still everything together is easily worth $30.

This game is better on PS3 is what i have heard

Does anyone know the SKU for the game? I want to find one and I have three 3 K-Marts near me so I am gonna go check em all out today.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Does anyone know the SKU for the game? I want to find one and I have three 3 K-Marts near me so I am gonna go check em all out today.[/QUOTE]

Here is a link to the 360 version's info and PS3 version's info. However, I can't seem to find a website that actually provides the scan-able barcode.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Here is a link to the 360 version's info and PS3 version's info. However, I can't seem to find a website that actually provides the scan-able barcode.[/QUOTE]
If you have the UPC #'s for each, try UPCDatabase.com. It'll at least let you make a scannable barcode for yourself.

You can usually find the UPC's for items on half.com .

PS3 version UPC: 083717202127

360 version UPC: 083717301097

PS3 version of the LE: http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/083717202127

360 version of the LE(not on file, but barcodes created for it): http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemnotfound.asp?upc=0083717301097

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you have the UPC #'s for each, try UPCDatabase.com. It'll at least let you make a scannable barcode for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Your links to the scannable barcodes state that the item could not be found. Those barcodes they list are not the actual barcodes for the games.

It's bringing up the PS3 LE one for me just fine. Try a different browser perhaps. I'm using IE 8.

But I guess you might mean that those UPC's are for the outer sleeve/slipcover and NOT the inner game case. I don't believe the LE's are in regular cases though and many LE/CE/SE games nowadays have 'NOT FOR RESALE' in place of a barcode.

[quote name='The Punisher']Even with ps3 blu ray, xbox 360 game plays better. wonder why[/QUOTE]
this is not a fanboy war site, you better keep that shit for yourself or your gonna get it, people come here to save and help save money, so if none of that is on your list i think your in the wrong place

Man I wish this was online too :( Oh well...
If I had a Kmart really close by I'd be jumping on these Kmart deals like crazy lol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's bringing up the PS3 LE one for me just fine. Try a different browser perhaps. I'm using IE 8.

But I guess you might mean that those UPC's are for the outer sleeve/slipcover and NOT the inner game case. I don't believe the LE's are in regular cases though and many LE/CE/SE games nowadays have 'NOT FOR RESALE' in place of a barcode.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, you are correct! :) Wonder why the xbox version is not available, though.

bread's done
Back