Lord of the Rings: 3rd age Xbox $14.99

At launch, 6 months ago, this game and a copy of the player's guide would've been $64.98 . . . now you can have both for $15.00 . . . too bad the crappy games usually fall the fastest.

Hmmn... I might wait'll I can get it for $10 used or so. I really like LotR stuff, but the idea of playing a party that's like the fellowship but really isn't seemed kinda cheesy to me. And I'm not really big on Final Fantasy style RPGs.

[quote name='schultzed']At launch, 6 months ago, this game and a copy of the player's guide would've been $64.98 . . . now you can have both for $15.00 . . . too bad the crappy games usually fall the fastest.[/QUOTE]

Where (and/or when) did the guide "penny out"?

[quote name='Scahom1']Where (and/or when) did the guide "penny out"?[/QUOTE]

BB for certain, there were conflicting reports about TRU, I think.

[quote name='onetrackmind']its $20 now[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I clicked on the link and it still says $14.99

[quote name='Xevious']Are you sure? I clicked on the link and it still says $14.99[/QUOTE]

earlier this morning it went back up to $20 and just recently went back to 14.99

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I played it for 10 minutes, then kicked my friend out for bringing it over my house...
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this one blew chunks. A classic example of hype + popular license = craptastic game.

IMHO, not worth $15 new or used.

Man, this game is really that bad. I might give it a shot if it ever falls below $10 though. It might have some gift giving potential.

I thought it was pretty good myself. I picked it up back during the Outpost sale for $16. Looks a lot like FFX, and I like the skill system.

Pricematched it at Sears for 10% of difference. Haven't played it yet, but I think I might get $12.50 of enjoyment out of it. We'll see...

Damn...I made the front page of CAG! Thats cool! Although I think the Burnout 3 at Target deal is more worthy.....Thanks CheapyD

[quote name='alive741']Pricematched it at Sears for 10% of difference. Haven't played it yet, but I think I might get $12.50 of enjoyment out of it. We'll see...[/QUOTE]

Sears still had it at $40?

I happened to rent this once only because all of the good games were rented out at Blockbuster (had a pass). Once one gets past the high production value, everyone should realize that it is a very generic and uninspired RPG. But that isn't even the clincher.. what got me was how the game EXACTLY MIRRORS THE EVENTS IN THE MOVIES. Sure, you play as previously unknown characters behind the scenes, but the locals are nothing new. Would have been good if it was an original storyline...

Buy it if you are a LOTR fanboy or really REALLY desperate for a mediocre RPG.

Maybe Goldeneye: Rouge Agent is a better deal for $15 at EB? But I haven't played that one. EDIT: Just noticed that Sudeki is only $15 too.. that should be better than Third Age (demo was very fun at least)

[quote name='dj_paxis']I happened to rent this once only because all of the good games were rented out at Blockbuster (had a pass). Once one gets past the high production value, everyone should realize that it is a very generic and uninspired RPG. But that isn't even the clincher.. what got me was how the game EXACTLY MIRRORS THE EVENTS IN THE MOVIES. Sure, you play as previously unknown characters behind the scenes, but the locals are nothing new. Would have been good if it was an original storyline...[/QUOTE]

Who the hell would want to play a game in arguably the best fantasy setting ever created, but just be some soldier that kills some orcs sometime during the War of the Rings?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Who the hell would want to play a game in arguably the best fantasy setting ever created, but just be some soldier that kills some orcs sometime during the War of the Rings?[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I recommended it to LOTR fanboys...

Don't get me wrong, I own all 3 extended editions.. but simple turn-based fighting is not exactly stimulating when the content is rehashed from the current license.

This game has to be the most uninspired RPG ever. The story is lame and the gameplay couldn't have been any more generic. I wasted 2 hours of my life playing this game (Rental). Wait till it drops under $10 and then pick it up only if you are a diehard fan of LOTR.

[quote name='greendc27']I really liked this game. It has no replay value but it's worth it for the price.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I played thru it very fast, although it wasnt all that short(around 30 hours with some tough power leveling to take on the cheesy elephants at the end). In about a weeks time. I would reccomend this to people who like FFX's battle system.

bread's done
Back