Lord of the Rings Blu Ray preorder up- Amazon

Eh, if they get cheap enough I'll double-dip. My trick is to avoid blus unless they get to 12.50ish per movie.

DVDs I just ceased buying unless it's anime. Really saving me money...

[quote name='Boogie7910']I will only buy the extended editions, they are soooo much better... like when the Witch King holds up his sword of flames and tells Gandolf, "This is my house!", and he breaks Gandolfs staff. Epic...
[/quote]
That's one of those scenes that should've been in the theatrical cut. Besides being a great moment, its excising created a huge continuity problem (where the hell is Gandalf's staff??).

The rest is mostly throwaway stuff, and some of it downright bad imo (the avalanche of skulls, the Mouth of Sauron).

LoL... I was reading some of the customer reviews on amazon for this... Man people are really pissed off about all this. I'm just upset at the fact that they can easily release a theatrical and EE on a bluray all on one disk but instead would rather want to double dip.

I love my OPPO and how it upconverts my extended edition DVD version to look almost as good as this will. I'll pass.

[quote name='Boogie7910'] They are doing this shit on purpose to get people to double dip, what a bunch of assholes![/quote]

Bingo, we have a winner!

My DVDs up converted look good enough until the corporate greedy CEOs get serious and give the paying customer what we want! There really is no reason, other than greed, that both versions are not being released together. The Studios must be scrabbling since BD sales are not what Sony promised!

[quote name='skiizim']LoL... I was reading some of the customer reviews on amazon for this... Man people are really pissed off about all this. I'm just upset at the fact that they can easily release a theatrical and EE on a bluray all on one disk but instead would rather want to double dip.[/QUOTE]

You aren't kidding! The only thing missing from those reviews are the torches and pitchforks.

They've got no sense of humour.
N.gif

[quote name='Stryffe2004']You aren't kidding! The only thing missing from those reviews are the torches and pitchforks.[/QUOTE]

This has to be one of the stupidest business decisions ever. I wonder how many people will be dumb enough to actually purchase this, especially since we all know the extended blu-rays can't be too far down the road.

.....and watch, when the extendeds come, they will release them one at a time over the course of a year, and then later release them all as a box set just to piss people off further.

[quote name='tholly']This has to be one of the stupidest business decisions ever. I wonder how many people will be dumb enough to actually purchase this, especially since we all know the extended blu-rays can't be too far down the road.[/quote]
Many, many, many people were dumb enough to buy when they did exactly the same thing with the DVDs. And the wait then was only about six months, if I recall correctly, and it was well-known that the extended editions were coming.

What's that line . . . no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.

bread's done
Back