Lord of the Rings Blu Ray Trilogy Extended - $49.99

I think Fry's has it for 44.96 this week if you have a local
I mean even with tax it's only less by two buck or even less depending on state tax.

I really haven't seen it hit less then that, personally.

I think I got it from Walmart for $35 towards the end of February. It was either $35 or $25 but I'm pretty sure it was $35. Outside of that I haven't seen it for less then $50. WBshop had it for $50 a few times and there set includes a few physical extras and cash back as well.

$50 isn't a bad price though. You'll get a lot of people bitching about the quality of this and other random gripes (same with the star wars set) but I personally liked it.

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']I'm finally getting around to building up my blu ray collection and this is going to be a must own for me - is the $49.99 price at Amazon as low as it will get do you think?[/QUOTE]

There have been rumors going around going around that Best Buy will have some sort of deal on it starting Sunday. No concrete proof though, except people reporting stores getting in extra stock, and a couple workers hinting that movie box sets will have some sort of sale. So it might be worth holding off for a couple days.

[quote name='ssjmichael']uh, what's your point??[/QUOTE]

uh, that there's steelbooks coming out if anyone is interested.

Why do you always have to try to all jump bad at posts all the time, seriously, the schtick is getting a bit old and really isn't necessary. I know this isn't about the EE, but some may rather have the theatrical with steelbooks instead of the EE so just trying to help.

[quote name='dmdragon']uh, that there's steelbooks coming out if anyone is interested.

Why do you always have to try to all jump bad at posts all the time, seriously, the schtick is getting a bit old and really isn't necessary. I know this isn't about the EE, but some may rather have the theatrical with steelbooks instead of the EE so just trying to help.[/QUOTE]

You seriously thought posting a blind link with no information whatsoever to another website discussing a Steelbook version of an edition of LOTR he's not asking for was helpful? Because that has to be one of the most unhelpful posts I've seen in some time.

This isn't some general "Post a LOTR deal" thread, this is the op specifically requesting the cheapest deal on LOTR EE. That eliminates the Theatrical version right off the bat. Second, he's trying to find out if $50 is reasonable for the EE. He likely won't be up for spending $45+ to get theatrical versions. If he wanted those he could probably find them for about $20. Thirdly, we've already been discussing those same Steelbooks in the Steelbook thread, there's no point linking to another site when you can link to that at the very least. And finally I absolutely hate when someone just posts a link and nothing else. I find that to be a rude and careless effort. What if the OP saw your linked pics and assumed they were for the extended versions? Since that's what he's asking for, that's not a stretch to assume, if he's not aware of them being Theatrical. So helpful.

If you wanted to help say "Hey, Best Buy just released some Lord of the Rings theatrical edition steelbooks if you or anyone else is interested....LINK". Don't just drop some link and leave. And I hardly jump on everyone's posts, just really dumb ones. Maybe cut that schtick out, and I'll cut mine out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You seriously thought posting a blind link with no information whatsoever to another website discussing a Steelbook version of an edition of LOTR he's not asking for was helpful? Because that has to be one of the most unhelpful posts I've seen in some time.

This isn't some general find a LOTR deal thread, this is the op specifically requesting the cheapest deal on LOTR EE. That eliminates the Theatrical version right off the bat. Second, he's trying to find out if $50 is reasonable for the EE. He likely won't be up for spending $45+ to get theatrical versions. If he wanted those he could probably find them for about $20. Thirdly, we've already been discussing those same Steelbooks in the Steelbook thread, there's no point linking to another site when you can link to that at the very least. And finally I absolutely hate when someone just posts a link and nothing else. I find that to be a rude and careless effort.

If you wanted to help say "Hey, Best Buy just released some Lord of the Rings steelbooks if you or anyone else is interested....LINK". Don't just drop some link and leave. And I hardly jump on everyone's posts, just really dumb ones. Maybe cut that schtick out, and I'll cut mine out.[/QUOTE]

I was on my phone and couldn't post more than a link at the time, so excuse me for trying to help while I had remembered. I will remember in the future to not help out at all in any way what so ever for fear that the cag police will come swooping down to make snarky remarks. Thanks for the info, will be great in the future.

I have deleted my so unhelpful posts oh lord of the CAG, please don't besmirch me any longer for I am not worthy

Anyways, I apologize if I helped derail your thread OP. I'll just let it go and let my Ignore list have a new name to play with

As for your question, it was 35 at walmart a few months ago so I can see it going down further from somewhere else as 50 is the cheapest it's been from amazon I think. That said though, if you are a fan, this set is well worth 50 dollars. It is an absolutely beautiful set and the slip box is great. So you can wait to save 15 bucks for a chance that it would go lower or get it now and know it was still worth it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The $35 at WM is when I picked it up. I really want the Star Wars set, but I'm waiting for it to hit a similar price to this. I'm definitely not paying $99 or $89 for it...

I figure the $49 for the LOTR set is probably a decent price, at this point.

bread's done
Back