Lord Of The Rings: Conquest - Gen. Discussion & Info

i tried the demo and it was fun but seems like a 39.99 release day game to me. The Single player feels like a pretty generic hack and slash. MP was pretty fun

[quote name='sociopharm02']i tried the demo and it was fun but seems like a 39.99 release day game to me. The Single player feels like a pretty generic hack and slash. MP was pretty fun[/quote]

Yes, this game should not be released as a full-priced title. It most likely will be, though.

I'll probably mess around with the demo for a bit more.

Finally got around to playing the demo. Its really fun and if Skate 2 wasn't coming out so close to this i would buy it day 1 with a couple friends. But we are all picking up skate 2 instead and will buy this when it gets a little price break. Very fun and makes me want Battlefront 3 even more

Got this from Gamefly the other night. I enjoyed the demo, and felt like playing a hack n' slash. Still I think I'll enjoy DW: Gundam 2 much more.

My biggest complaint are my stupid AI teammates. I've died many times by rushing into the fray only to look back and see my team sitting back watching me become dead. And even when they are near me If I'm getting raped they will not lift a finger to help. Horse riding is more of a pain than it's worth, I'd rather be on foot.

I guess that's why it has a 57 metacritic, because:

No games found.

Okay I take that back, searching for custom match found games (quick match doesnt work for me any more).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I don't know why people are even talking about the single-player campaign, this type of game is all about the online multiplayer![/quote]

True, but I had less fun in Multiplayer.

The single player mode is very short. It can be beatin in a night. This'll be going back before the end of the week.

[quote name='Rodimus']True, but I had less fun in Multiplayer.

The single player mode is very short. It can be beatin in a night. This'll be going back before the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well that's a shame. Seems like this game fails at it's bread and butter. I didn't really think much of the MP demo myself...

Yeah honestly.... The Multiplayer sucked imo... This was basically a letdown and pretty much a bad project, it will however generate sales because it has Lord of the Rings on it.

Anyone else waiting for Star Wars Battlefront or is this game something you'll be playing for a long time? (I honestly hope not).

Basically, what can be assumed is this game is a rent not a buy.

Does anyone still play this? I'm looking for some people to pay with, I just got this the other day. And if not really wanting to play does any one wanna get the online ACHs ?

[quote name='draven1089']Does anyone still play this? I'm looking for some people to pay with, I just got this the other day. And if not really wanting to play does any one wanna get the online ACHs ?[/QUOTE]

I've got it but haven't played it yet. I'd be willing to play through with ya sometime, but will be out of town through Sunday. Maybe next week?

[quote name='draven1089']That sounds good tybee, just shoot me an invite adn remind me your from CAG[/QUOTE]

Just sent you a friend request. Hopefully we can play soon.

I just got this last night while playing half-life 2. I didn't remember that this was you. so I just deleted the message. Sorry. I'll send a request now. Looked over your profile, I noticed you have the orange box. do you play teamfortress much?

[quote name='draven1089']is anyone playing this or not?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to get the online Achievements in it, are you looking for legit games or boosting ?

[quote name='benjamouth']I'd like to get the online Achievements in it, are you looking for legit games or boosting ?[/QUOTE]

I can find the legit games but with very few players so it makes it really hard to get the online achievements. So, Yes lets boost. I sent you a friends request. Gamer Tag is Badkins1980

[quote name='draven1089']I can find the legit games but with very few players so it makes it really hard to get the online achievements. So, Yes lets boost.[/QUOTE]

OK, well we can do whatever we can with two people, I'll also post in the boosting thread and see if anyone else is interested.

[quote name='draven1089']we should be able to get them all with just two. It'll just take a bit. they're mostly killing so many in one life[/QUOTE]

Ahhh ok, cool.

[quote name='draven1089']I just got this last night while playing half-life 2. I didn't remember that this was you. so I just deleted the message. Sorry. I'll send a request now. Looked over your profile, I noticed you have the orange box. do you play teamfortress much?[/QUOTE]

I do play a bit. There was a CAG revival of TF2 on Live about a month or two ago and we got all the multiplayer achievements. Haven't played a whole lot since then.

[quote name='draven1089']we should be able to get them all with just two. It'll just take a bit. they're mostly killing so many in one life[/QUOTE]

When you guys planning to do this? I'd like to play along. How's tomorrow night?

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah I'll be around tomorrow night, I can help out with Orange box cheesemints as well if needed.[/QUOTE]

that would be awesome, thank you. I can also play tonight if you guys want.

[quote name='draven1089']that would be awesome, thank you. I can also play tonight if you guys want.[/QUOTE]

I might be on for a bit tonight but probably only 9.30-11pm Eastern. If you see me online PM me if you want to boost something.

Had fun playing with you guys last night. It was like a boosting/tutorial, and it actually required strategy to knock down some of those later ones once a bunch of people joined the match and we had to work around them.

I realized after I logged off that we never did the Gimli or Legolas achievements. We may need to hook up again! ;)

[quote name='Tybee']Had fun playing with you guys last night. It was like a boosting/tutorial, and it actually required strategy to knock down some of those later ones once a bunch of people joined the match and we had to work around them.

I realized after I logged off that we never did the Gimli or Legolas achievements. We may need to hook up again! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was good fun, I forgot to get the "Kill 15 people with the Mage's lightning in a Ranked match" achievement. I may jump on tonight to try and get it legit but if either of you had a few minutes to help me out it would be much appreciated.

I read up on it and I don't think you have to do it in one life, just one game.

EDIT - Thanks for helping me knock out that mage achievement Tybee, was good talking to a fellow Mstie :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get my last two achievements on this game. Can anyone help me get the co-op achievement?

Also, I've killed the Witch King three or four times with Eowyn but it will NOT unlock the "No Living Man Am I" achievement. I've been using the backstab on him because even on Casual, it's virtually impossible to kill him straight up. I figure the one hit kill is fair because she basically killed him with one hit in the book/movie (well, with Pippin's help) and all the guides advise doing it that way, but it won't give it to me. What gives?

bread's done
Back