Lord of the Rings Extended trilogy Blu-ray $34.99 - walmart.com

I was sad when I missed it for $50 at Amazon. Couldn't pass up a total of $39.12(standard shipping). Can you still get the digital copies?

Edit: Going from Amazon the digital copy offer for each film expires in June of 2012.

Thanks for the heads up! My wife and I had been talking about wanting to watch these again for last couple of months. For this price its a no brainer.

In for one op. This is an awesome deal.
frown.jpg

[quote name='Tsel']Lol, this is Best Buy's DOTD... for $50.[/QUOTE]
lol thats the only reason i looked it up on google for a cheaper price in the first place:lol:

Thanks OP! I've been watching Amazon's price but seems like it keeps going up. Can't wait to watch these this weekend.

[quote name='IRHari']You still have to switch discs as each movie is split onto two br discs. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate, yes, but considering just how amazing it looks in 1080p, I'll deal with it :)

I hate my responsibility sometimes. I had this in my cart, had my paypal account entered... and then I thought... "You haven't even watched your regular DVD extended sets yet... and you've only ever watched 1 BR on your PS3." Sucks. This is a great price, but my BR purchases are obviously wasted, since I never watch them at all.

EDIT: F my responsibility. That's too good of a price to pass up. Now if only the Star Wars set would get that low, I'll grab them shitz, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it from frys for $40. It is fantastic and highly recommend it. Yes the movies are on 2 disc but with the detail I am glad they did.

I had just talked myself out of the BBY DotD at $50 when I saw this post. $35 is just too good to pass up...dammit. Thanks, OP.

It's out of stock now... is this the same price in-store? Otherwise, would they match their web price (even though it's out of stock)?

Oh good, I knew it would drop below $50. I forget who it was (I could go back and check if I cared that much) but someone here told me that the EE set would never go below that lol

[quote name='larrythefatcat']It's out of stock now... is this the same price in-store? Otherwise, would they match their web price (even though it's out of stock)?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no, prices in store are different then online and they usually don't PM their website since it's considered a different entity.

I'm going to head to best buy to see if they'll PM, they've done it for their competitors stores websites before.*Fingers Crossed*

Was going to grab it at BBY with the bonus points coupon this weekend, but this is a much better deal. $39 exactly after standard shipping. So glad I checked here before I went to the store.

[quote name='mitnosi']I really wish they would match their website prices in store :([/QUOTE]

just wait some executive making $2million/year is gonna say "you know what, let's make our in-store prices the same as our online prices"

then spend 6 months "implementing" this ingenious policy

then reward himself with a 500k bonus for thinking of it

Picked it up at Best Buy for $34.96 + tax. They price matched WalMart no problem when I asked. Has a $99 price tag on it but I only paid $38.00 even with tax. Feels pretty good because I have been wanting this for a while but couldnt justify the price. Price is right now! :D

Was tempted to get more than 1 copy...but seeing as there were only 3 copies left when I got there, I didnt so other people could have a chance... Great deal.

Went Best Buy, they didnt have any left but they price matched and it ordered it to be shipped to me in a few weeks, Best Buy's back order does take awhile but from my experience they'll get you your order eventually. At least I know it'll be worth the wait

[quote name='mitnosi']I really wish they would match their website prices in store :([/QUOTE]

Yea its messed up, other physical retail stores will match their website but their own physical retail store won't

[quote name='dmdragon']Just got the last copy at my local best buy for 37 out the door. Showed them on my phone and they gave me no problems.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I did. I pulled it up on my iPhone before I left home and showed it to the manager when I got to the store. Even though the number was grey and it said OOS, they price matched it no problem or questions asked. Great experience. Thank you BB!

[quote name='brak014']...Yea its messed up, other physical retail stores will match their website but their own physical retail store won't[/QUOTE]

BTW Target does not match their website either.

So I went to BB to try and get this price matched and of course failed. First they said they won't do it because there is no Walmart in my city. I said they are still a major retail competitor. Then they said it doesn't matter because BB doesn't match websites.:censored:

[quote name='SKEETER']... they said it doesn't matter because BB doesn't match websites.:censored:[/QUOTE]
same story here, had my phone out and ready then I get the same excuse. well, it would be an impulse buy on my part and if they don't want the business, then I won't give it to them...

I went to BB and they pricematched walmart.com website no problem(showed them the ad from my phone). Of course my BB is next to a Walmart :). $37.xx out the door plus 3x reward zone points for purchases from this weekend promo.

I went to Best Buy where the told me I couldn't PM since I ordered online. I asked if I could jsut cancel the order and buy outright and PM. They said sure, but in 2 hours since it would take that long to process. I called and the CSR on the phone hung up on me. I called back and someone finally helped me out. Gave me a credit back for the difference! :whistle2:D so, a little frustrating, but finally PMed ^^

I don't know how everyone is able to PM with Best Buy, anytime I try with an out of stock item I ALWAYS get turned away. That includes today when I chanced it because I really want this box set.

[quote name='digital ink']I don't know how everyone is able to PM with Best Buy, anytime I try with an out of stock item I ALWAYS get turned away. That includes today when I chanced it because I really want this box set.[/QUOTE]

If you're showing them with your phone, just search "Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray". It'll come up in the search, but it won't say whether it's out of stock or not unless they click onto the item page.

EDIT: I was able to pricematch at BB.

[quote name='Evt']same story here, had my phone out and ready then I get the same excuse. well, it would be an impulse buy on my part and if they don't want the business, then I won't give it to them...[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't price match. It's the principle of the thing. Store A does the smart business thing by discounting an item. I'm going to go to Store A to buy it. Not worth the $1-2 in PM savings to go through the hassle of trying to convince Store B to PM it, when I would rather just directly support Store A's business acumen by trying to generate sales with discounts. Store B wants my business? Discount the item too.

[quote name='Ruahrc']This is why I don't price match. It's the principle of the thing. Store A does the smart business thing by discounting an item. I'm going to go to Store A to buy it. Not worth the $1-2 in PM savings to go through the hassle of trying to convince Store B to PM it, when I would rather just directly support Store A's business acumen by trying to generate sales with discounts. Store B wants my business? Discount the item too.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly the way I look at it. Besides, with sites like amazon and newegg price matching almost everything other stores have to offer makes it a bigger time waster (for me anyway) to try and convince them to honor the price match. I know this wasn't one of the items they matched,but for the most part they do.

Must be different in the cities I've lived in, BB has always been very understanding and easy to work with PM, while i lived in Michigan and Minnesota. Only store that gave me trouble price matching was Circuit City and well, there gone now.

bread's done
Back