Lord of the Rings Extended trilogy Blu-ray $34.99 - walmart.com

I tried internet explorer, chrome, and safari. Sold out. Will try again later. Hopefully it is just going in and out of stock.

Anyone have any luck matching the price at BB? The think getting me in trouble is the fact is says "sold out online". I've been to three stores already. Going to try a couple more before I give up.

Thanks,

I've had the webpage up for the last few days and just got lucky with a refresh.
They got stock back in!

I grabbed my copy.

If you are still looking, try it quick before the Slickdealers catch a wiff.

[quote name='Zimmy']I've had the webpage up for the last few days and just got lucky with a refresh.
They got stock back in!

I grabbed my copy.

If you are still looking, try it quick before the Slickdealers catch a wiff.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!! I finally checked at the right time. Evidently my page monitor is a piece of shit.

Ugh, just as I clicked "purchase", my modem hiccuped on me for like two minutes. When my signal came back, it was out of stock.

Amazon just needs to put this up for $35 to save us all the trouble. They like money, don't they? :p

Ugghhh. Slow close. I was able to print up the add with it being instock. I guess I'll head back to BB and try again....

Wish me luck,

Wouldn't it be much easier to just go in the store and get it? Or is walmart one of those dick stores that doesn't price match their website?

[quote name='leichstein']Wouldn't it be much easier to just go in the store and get it? Or is walmart one of those dick stores that doesn't price match their website?[/QUOTE]

D!ck Store!

Plus their in store selection is crap. The ones I go to would never have anything like this in the store. Doesn't matter to me though. Ordered Saturday morning, paid for the cheap shipping, and had it in my hands Thursday afternoon.

This is so tempting. I have the extended DVD version with the awesome packaging, but it may be worth it to double dip. Is the video significantly better than the DVD copy?

Got one too. $37.06 to pick it up in the store. Too bad it isn't available till the 19th. But for the price I don't care. Mass Effect 3 comes out next week so that will take up some time.

[quote name='hotstud19us']Got one too. $37.06 to pick it up in the store. Too bad it isn't available till the 19th. But for the price I don't care. Mass Effect 3 comes out next week so that will take up some time.[/QUOTE]
I ordered a few days ago and is wasn't supposed to be available till around the 9th, but I got a text this morning that it arrived and already picked it up, so you never know. I would guess it'll arrive sooner than the 19th.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Maybe being on slickdeals 20 minutes after cag didn't help[/QUOTE]

Sorry for that.....

And my in-store is March 14th.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow. My order from yesterday shipped already.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped also.

I'm surprised they still have it at this low of a price. At least it's still showing up in stock from time to time.

I'm just waiting for them to raise it up to like $70 and have no trouble at all keeping it in stock.

[quote name='DK745']I'm surprised they still have it at this low of a price. At least it's still showing up in stock from time to time.

I'm just waiting for them to raise it up to like $70 and have no trouble at all keeping it in stock.[/QUOTE]

When I was trying to price match, the manager at Best Buy told me "the best we can do is $70." Then I drove home and immediately ordered it from Walmart for $39.03 shipped.

CAG 4 Lyfe muthafucka ;)

[quote name='DK745']I'm surprised they still have it at this low of a price. At least it's still showing up in stock from time to time.

I'm just waiting for them to raise it up to like $70 and have no trouble at all keeping it in stock.[/QUOTE]

It makes me wonder if Warner Brothers is trying to get retailers to sell out of them to put out a new packaging on the LOTR extended set soon, just like they eventually did with the DVD versions.

[quote name='brak014']It makes me wonder if Warner Brothers is trying to get retailers to sell out of them to put out a new packaging on the LOTR extended set soon, just like they eventually did with the DVD versions.[/QUOTE]

True they might be throwing some kind of Hobbit promo in a new LOTr trilogy boxed set.
I could see them adding the newest trailer (not the teaser trailer that has been released already)
and possibly a free hobbit admission ticket inside the box too.

But March seems really early for the hobbit promos when the film comes out in 9 months.

Unless their is new boxed summer release coming out in june/july (which is to soon for free hobbit ticket) but would be perfect timing for new hobbit trailer and maybe some promos.

35 is a great price.... I just have to wait and buy it on amazon.. cuz I got a boatload of credit. I talked to amazon.. and they wont match walmarts price via online chat.. And reported the lower price to amazon as well.. but still no luck yet for them to match it.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']True they might be throwing some kind of Hobbit promo in a new LOTr trilogy boxed set.
I could see them adding the newest trailer (not the teaser trailer that has been released already)
and possibly a free hobbit admission ticket inside the box too.

But March seems really early for the hobbit promos when the film comes out in 9 months.

Unless their is new boxed summer release coming out in june/july (which is to soon for free hobbit ticket) but would be perfect timing for new hobbit trailer and maybe some promos.

[/QUOTE]

My guess is it will be bringing out on blu-ray those sets that had both the theatrical and extended editions which only bonus features when they were released on DVD were the debut of the Costa Botes documentaries which are on these extended edition sets. So I will be curious what the next LOTR blu-ray set will be.

bread's done
Back