Lord Of The Rings War in the North $20 Credit w/Preorder @ Amazon

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
360 $56.54

PS3 $59.99

Bonus Offer - $20 Credit and Exclusive In-game Orc Champion Sword
Pre-Order Lord of the Rings: War in the North and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Also get the Amazon exclusive Orc Champion Sword which increases your character's max health. A code to access the sword will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate these promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Both offers will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer.

Orc Champion Sword​
orc_sword_amazon._SL500_.png

Trailer​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ySDehGEYE
Story discussion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXPfYxhvCo4
Extended gameplay & combat video.​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLJIFAy2Tw
Developer interview.​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmg6GgkrtnU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Don't forget EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to the in-game Orc Champion Sword (obviously a must-have).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I updated with that info bro!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Thanks, I updated with that info bro![/QUOTE]

Is it bad that I laughed my ass off at the insertion of the picture? I assume you've stocked this thread to be the base of the pre-order discussion on the game? The worst part is I can't even tell if you're being serious or not. On a side-note, I totally missed you brah.

Is there a solid release date for this yet? Amazon just says "August," but it seems like if it was really coming out next month, they would know the day.

I have this preordered, ~$33 after Quick Picks discount and promo credit is hard to pass up for a new release game, and I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings. I'd like to hear more about how the co-op will work though. It sounds a little like Borderlands with persistent stats and loot on your character across the singleplayer and multiplayer, except that instead of the freedom to choose whichever character you want to be, the party always has to consist of one human, one dwarf, and one elf. So I'm curious how that will work.

Also, not to be that guy, but if this is meant to be more of a general info thread about the game, you might want to move it out of the deals forum...

Does Amazon automatically bump you up to release date delivery if you click the free two-day shipping when you have Amazon Prime?

Thanks OP! Been looking forward to this one.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Does Amazon automatically bump you up to release date delivery if you click the free two-day shipping when you have Amazon Prime?[/QUOTE]

Yup, Amazon will automatically upgrade any orders placed with Prime to free release date delivery as long as they offer it for the title. I got the same Sept. 6 estimate that you did for the 360 version, but I bet we'll get it sooner than that as everywhere else I look indicates an August 24 release for this title.

[quote name='garrion81']Thanks OP! Been looking forward to this one.

Yup, Amazon will automatically upgrade any orders placed with Prime to free release date delivery as long as they offer it for the title. I got the same Sept. 6 estimate that you did for the 360 version, but I bet we'll get it sooner than that as everywhere else I look indicates an August 24 release for this title.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop shows November 1st and I believe most websites got their original August 24th date from Gamestop which had that up until a few weeks ago. Not saying it couldn't come out sooner than November, but I wouldn't bet on it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Gamestop shows November 1st and I believe most websites got their original August 24th date from Gamestop which had that up until a few weeks ago. Not saying it couldn't come out sooner than November, but I wouldn't bet on it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update, you're totally right. The official site is just listing the generic "2011" release date. So much for getting this one in before the deluge begins in the fall. Oh well, miracles happen right?

You know how the other day you said "aznhero posted this already" about a deal someone posted? Yeah well I posted this already. In the proper stickied Amazon Credits thread. I'm not bitter about this or anything. Not me. Nope...you may as well add that there's going to be a CE of this as well but I have no idea what it's going to include.

Did I mention this was posted previously, by CAG forum member ShockandAww? Oh, I did? Ok.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You know how the other day you said "aznhero posted this already" about a deal someone posted? Yeah well I posted this already. In the proper stickied Amazon Credits thread. I'm not bitter about this or anything. Not me. Nope...you may as well add that there's going to be a CE of this as well but I have no idea what it's going to include.

Did I mention this was posted previously, by CAG forum member ShockandAww? Oh, I did? Ok.[/QUOTE]

thanks dude..I saw that you posted it there..

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the amazon gift card thread thats at the top of the page?

[quote name='kevgret']Shouldn't this thread be merged with the amazon gift card thread thats at the top of the page?[/QUOTE]
It would be nice to have a thread just to talk about the game though, which is why I was thinking this one could be moved to the 360 or PS3 forum (dealer's choice) and become a general discussion thread. I agree that the "deal" aspect of the OP is already covered by the existing Amazon promo credits thread.

[quote name='tranceFusion']is this game going to be any good? i loved those LOTR hack 'n slash games from last gen..[/QUOTE]

I love Snowblind Studios, champions of norrath and baulders gate were awesome fun games, great memories with me and my GF lol, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

[quote name='BShea']I'm not even a LotR fan, but I enjoyed the hell out of this game at PAX East.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed so many games I forgot I was interested in when I went to PAX East. It was my first convention though, so I'll have to make sure to play more next time around.

I loved Dark Alliance, so I'm instantly interested in this game. I'm not sure if I want to pay quite this much for it, but me and my co-op buddy are definitely looking to pick this up once it drops.

bread's done
Back