Los Angeles Microsoft Store (B&M) Battlefield 3 deal

o2012o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This might be YMMV for other Microsoft Stores, but I was in the Century City Pavilion location today (Los Angeles) and was informed that they are doing a pretty sweet deal for their midnight launch. If you pick up the game, you get a 25 dollar gift card as well as a lanyard that will get you another 25 dollars just for showing up and participating. From what they told me, the lanyard doesn't pay out until Halo Anniversary comes out, but it's still a pretty sweet deal.

I know there is another thread about this, but figured I'd start a new one since this is for Los Angeles folks. If anyone is thinking about going, maybe we could organize some sort of meetup?

Also, there will be some sort of tournament. All in all sounds pretty neat.

I would've put this in the regional forums, but that place seems like a ghost town.

[quote name='akalboy']So... does this apply if we pick up the PS3 version? :D[/QUOTE]

do you really think the "MICROSOFT" store sells ps3 games?

[quote name='UnknownGamer']i wonder do you think they do mail order?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I went to the Gears event and it required you to show up.

[quote name='aceattorney']So if I'm doing my math right, you get $50 back? That doesn't sound right.[/QUOTE]

And thats without the $125 GC for pre ordering the 4 games if you did that.

[quote name='aceattorney']So if I'm doing my math right, you get $50 back? That doesn't sound right.[/QUOTE]

You don't get the full 50 immediately. You get the 25 for preordering the game, then you get the lanyard (which nets you the other 25 when the last game in the preorder series comes out). For me, I'll be getting 225 in giftcards when it's all said and done.

Yeah, sounds exactly like the other thread. That lanyard? Given out at the Gears 3 launch. So yes, you'll get an extra 25 for getting it scanned at the launch party (for a total of $50. There's an instant $25 GC given out at each launch), but you won't net the extra $25 GC at the end for preordering all 4 games. Nothing new, just reworded to seem new.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Yeah, sounds exactly like the other thread. That lanyard? Given out at the Gears 3 launch. So yes, you'll get an extra 25 for getting it scanned at the launch party (for a total of $50. There's an instant $25 GC given out at each launch), but you won't net the extra $25 GC at the end for preordering all 4 games. Nothing new, just reworded to seem new.[/QUOTE]

So, your logic is to reword what was already stated in THIS thread, and simultaneously claim that I tried to reword it to seem new after I wrote in the OP that - "I know there is another thread about this, but figured I'd start a new one since this is for Los Angeles folks. If anyone is thinking about going, maybe we could organize some sort of meetup?"

You are truly a forum warrior and the hero that CAG needs. *cookie*

EDIT: Didn't realize that you were gunning for an admin position with all of those posts complaining about misplaced and repeat threads. I hope your job interview goes well.

[quote name='o2012o']So, your logic is to reword what was already stated in THIS thread, and simultaneously claim that I tried to reword it to seem new after I wrote in the OP that - "I know there is another thread about this, but figured I'd start a new one since this is for Los Angeles folks. If anyone is thinking about going, maybe we could organize some sort of meetup?"

EDIT: Didn't realize that you were gunning for an admin position with all of those posts complaining about misplaced and repeat threads. I hope your job interview goes well.[/QUOTE]

Boom!!!

Headshot!!

[quote name='o2012o']So, your logic is to reword what was already stated in THIS thread, and simultaneously claim that I tried to reword it to seem new after I wrote in the OP that - "I know there is another thread about this, but figured I'd start a new one since this is for Los Angeles folks. If anyone is thinking about going, maybe we could organize some sort of meetup?"

EDIT: Didn't realize that you were gunning for an admin position with all of those posts complaining about misplaced and repeat threads. I hope your job interview goes well.[/QUOTE]
Lol if I truly wanted to troll, I'd say "hey, wrong section there buddy!" or "Put YMMV in the title! It's not just Los angeles it applies to!" but meh whateves. Its a good deal, but at the cost of sounding like a copy of another broken record, we still aren't sure of how this deal will work. The other thread has more speculation and gives a general idea of which of the other stores give out the $25 GC at launch, so directing people thataway seems more logical, no?

Yes, my last few posts have been about threads that usually have something wrong about them, but that's because I'm Captain Obvious! Obvious facts are obvious! Woo!.

Besides when I said the "reworded" thing, I was talking about the employee who explained the deal to you, not you yourself. Probably should've made that clearer.

Btw what kind of cookie is it?

EDIT: Only 3 of the last 25 posts I've made would fall under what people would call "complaining about misplaced threads", and those are spread out in-between other "legitimate" posts. Either I'm so good at being Captain Obvious that my posts aren't needed at all (which would relieve of my title) or you have to read a bit more carefully my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back