Los Angeles- Wii Campout

djkunai

Banned
I'm camping out for mine at the Best Buy in Woodland Hills.

I camped out last year- it's not for the sake of guaranteeing myself one, just hanging out with everyone is an awesome experience in itself.

I was planning to do the same thing at the same location but the cheapass side of me is making me wait until Costco gets a discounted bundle. Plus its return policy is a thousand times better than BB. But I might just wait around with a friend who'll be at BB that night -- like you said, it's an experience in itself.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']ZOMG you live in Woodland Hills? I'm in Panorama City.... I used to go to Pierce, now I'm going to Mission. Heh, when I was at Pierce I would go to the BB, CC and Frys before or after class. Good times.[/QUOTE]

I just had one of those good times yesterday! I recently went back to school and I'm taking classes at Pierce first. Guess what I did after yesterday's classes? Yep, I visited BB, CC and Fry's for some CAG deals.

I'm in Granada Hills, BTW... You'd be surprised to see how many CAGs we've got here in the 818. I actually bump into a lot of them in the store aisles as we're looking for the same deals. I've probably met about 20 other CAGs that way. Maybe you were even one of them!

I'm going wherever G4 is going. Last year i was at the hawthorne bestbuy for the 360. Saw myself on TV!!!! Its definitely more for the experience. I had a blast playing mario kart with other gamers.

btw, i'm also representing the 818!!! Panorama City

[quote name='rapsodist']I just had one of those good times yesterday! I recently went back to school and I'm taking classes at Pierce first. Guess what I did after yesterday's classes? Yep, I visited BB, CC and Fry's for some CAG deals.

I'm in Granada Hills, BTW... You'd be surprised to see how many CAGs we've got here in the 818. I actually bump into a lot of them in the store aisles as we're looking for the same deals. I've probably met about 20 other CAGs that way. Maybe you were even one of them![/QUOTE]

Really, 20 CAGs? I've only met one at the Northridge CC. I'm here in the 818, North Hollywood to be precise.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Really, 20 CAGs? I've only met one at the
Northridge CC. I'm here in the 818, North Hollywood to be precise.[/QUOTE]

No Ho!

[quote name='Darwin23']I'm going wherever G4 is going. Last year i was at the hawthorne bestbuy for the 360. Saw myself on TV!!!! Its definitely more for the experience. I had a blast playing mario kart with other gamers.

btw, i'm also representing the 818!!! Panorama City[/QUOTE]

Panorama? Stalker!!! What street? Haha.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']ZOMG you live in Woodland Hills? I'm in Panorama City.... I used to go to Pierce, now I'm going to Mission. Heh, when I was at Pierce I would go to the BB, CC and Frys before or after class. Good times.[/quote]
[quote name='Darwin23']btw, i'm also representing the 818!!! Panorama City[/quote]
Well damn, now I know who keeps emptying out all the Circuit City clearance sales!
Panorama City here too. Terra Bella St. Living in a house with fellow CSUN grads.

i might try to camp out for a ps3, but i would just be reselling it on ebay, the launch titles almost always are not worth MSRP.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Really, 20 CAGs? I've only met one at the Northridge CC. I'm here in the 818, North Hollywood to be precise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can tell when you see a fellow CAG... Like when it's you and one other guy flipping through every single one of the COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED video game shelves at CC... or hearing some other guy ask the BB employee at the game dept register whether some really old game is still in stock 'cause "it should be $10 now." Stuff like that. I'll sometimes greet'em with "CAG?" and I almost always get a "Yeah, you too, huh?"

A decent chance I'll be camping for a Wii. I'm in Fullerton, and there's a Best Buy, Circuit City, and CostCo within ten minutes from me.

Um, hi. I'm new.

sweet, who knew so many cags in the valley. Im in North Hills, and used to work at Fry's in woodland hills.

they're doing a release party for wii at universal city walk.

there's a real good chance that they will have PLENTY to go around,

in other words, just go there and get your at midnite.

no need for hardcore camping (hopefully...)

[quote name='JJSP']A decent chance I'll be camping for a Wii. I'm in Fullerton, and there's a Best Buy, Circuit City, and CostCo within ten minutes from me.

Um, hi. I'm new.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Hacienda Heights. Are you talking about the BB, CC, and CostCo right by the La Puente Hills Mall? Lmao, I live like across the street from there. Maybe you'll see me in the BB line opening day. Although, I heard Walmart is doing a midnight launch, So I think i'll check that out before I line up at the BB.

[quote name='JEKKI']they're doing a release party for wii at universal city walk.

there's a real good chance that they will have PLENTY to go around,

in other words, just go there and get your at midnite.

no need for hardcore camping (hopefully...)[/QUOTE]

I heard the gamestop they're having it at isn't going to be really selling any, just handing out preorders. Is that true?

I am camping out at either best buy or target in burbank....but only the night before.....don't want to get kicked out like those other dudes waiting for the PS3 did...and I am in North Hollywood also :)

[quote name='Zoglog']I heard the gamestop they're having it at isn't going to be really selling any, just handing out preorders. Is that true?[/QUOTE]I donno, the event details are somewhat non-existant.

Anyone in the 714 area want to meet up? A friend and I will be driving around to see which place has the least people and camp there. If someone want me to save them a spot, let me know.

[quote name='laxyblinger']I'm in Hacienda Heights. Are you talking about the BB, CC, and CostCo right by the La Puente Hills Mall? Lmao, I live like across the street from there. Maybe you'll see me in the BB line opening day. Although, I heard Walmart is doing a midnight launch, So I think i'll check that out before I line up at the BB.[/quote]
Reminds me of my college days at Cal Poly!

NOHO REPREZENT!!!11 ok, not to be lame or anything, but I think it's cool that so many people are in the 818. I know of a pretty good Target in mind that I'm hitting up for the PS3 launch. I'll let you in on it if you're nice.

*edit* woops, I didn't even realize this was for the Wii campout...forgiveness please.

Alright, time to kick this thread into high gear!

Who's gonna attend the Universal City Walk Launch Event that Nintendo is throwing. I might head down there on saturday to see what's up. Anyone else?

hell no. The nintendo console will be in good supply and not really worth camping out for. This is nothing like camping for a ps3.

If I get a lot of work on my thesis done, I might head down to Citywalk. I hate to pay $10 for parking...oh well. Probably will leave the Valley at 10. Hopefully they'll have some unique giveaway specific to this LA midnite launch and then I can sell it on the Bay and have it pay for my Wii. (wishful thinking)

from NoHo to Panorama City to Reseda, now in Winnetka
Go Matadors

i am debating going to citywalk

pro: get it like 8-10 hrs before other people, may get freebies?
con: may not be able to get a system, 10 bucks parking, about 90 min of driving both ways PLUS fighting to get out of the parking lot, can't try to use the cc $40 off

Well that was useless. I got to the Citywalk parking lot and couldn't even get in. I wish someone updated that you had to be in line at 7pm for wrist bands. They sold all 1000. 30 kiosks allowed for some Wii fun. They gave out shirts, beanies, and caps...all white w/ the silver Wii logo. This is what 2 guys in the Target line told me.

You may find this useful...

about 1am
Target on Balboa: 100 peeps
CC on Tampa: 30
WM Porter Ranch: 40
BB " ": 70
TRU " ": 20

about 2:30am
KM on Corbin: a handful in cars
Target on Corbin: 2 in line, about a dozen sleepng in cars. The 2 guys in line said that they called in to see how many they would have for lanuch...60

[quote name='ansansolis']Well that was useless. I got to the Citywalk parking lot and couldn't even get in. I wish someone updated that you had to be in line at 7pm for wrist bands. They sold all 1000. 30 kiosks allowed for some Wii fun. They gave out shirts, beanies, and caps...all white w/ the silver Wii logo. This is what 2 guys in the Target line told me.

You may find this useful...

about 1am
Target on Balboa: 100 peeps
CC on Tampa: 30
WM Porter Ranch: 40
BB " ": 70
TRU " ": 20

about 2:30am
KM: a handful in cars
Target: 2 in line, about a dozen sleepng in cars. The 2 guys in line said that they called in to see how many they would have for lanuch...60[/quote]

I tried all these this morning, ended up at CC, but was about 5 in line behind last ticket. Managed to snag last copy of zelda at Balboa Target so day wasnt a total waste, it just hurt seeing a bunch of ppl leaving with wii's in hand...

my local best buy sold out in like, 2 and a half hours.

I was there at like 9:30am, and I wasnt even intending on buying one,

but there was a big line, and people were still lining up.

by some time afer 10, they said sorry to a cut off point in the line

and all those people just left.

those people werent in line though when I first got there,

so I coulda gotten one had I wanted to.

too bad I'm a broke ass!!

I failed. And I've wasted 4 hours of study time.

KM: didn't get them at all.
Target: got there at 8:30, all the vouchers were gone, and they were servicing #33.
CC: they handed out vouchers at 7am but the last person picked one up at 7:30. I didn't get there until 8:45.
WM:didn't bother
BB: " "
TRU: Played Big Brain for about 1 1/2 hours. They apparently allocated the exact number of tickets sometime in the morning. I was 2nd in line after the ticket holders. I picked up a remote finally at 12pm just in case.

So I have a remote and 3 games shipping from TRU and no console.
I hope you Valley peeps post right when you see them locally hit the shelves again.
Peace.

[quote name='ansansolis']I failed. And I've wasted 4 hours of study time.

KM: didn't get them at all.
Target: got there at 8:30, all the vouchers were gone, and they were servicing #33.
CC: they handed out vouchers at 7am but the last person picked one up at 7:30. I didn't get there until 8:45.
WM:didn't bother
BB: " "
TRU: Played Big Brain for about 1 1/2 hours. They apparently allocated the exact number of tickets sometime in the morning. I was 2nd in line after the ticket holders. I picked up a remote finally at 12pm just in case.

So I have a remote and 3 games shipping from TRU and no console.
I hope you Valley peeps post right when you see them locally hit the shelves again.
Peace.[/quote]

I will definitely post in here if I find one in LA. You don't drive a lexus do you?

[quote name='Greendomo']I will definitely post in here if I find one in LA. You don't drive a lexus do you?[/quote]

nope. just a gray lancer (non-evo)

After resigning myself to the fact that I wasnt going to get a wii for a few weeks, I went to my local gamerush to find out they had got 5 in today and sold the last one 10 minutes before I arrived. FRACK!

So of course I drive to the 5 other Blockbuster/Gamerushes in the area just for them to tell me they haven't/won't be getting any in for a few weeks.

Went to Northridge Costco today at 10am sharp (opening hour for business members) and managed to get Wii #24 out of 24 total. I'm very surprised at my good fortune! Any Costco members should check Canoga Costco tomorrow morning for their sale!

[quote name='rapsodist']Went to Northridge Costco today at 10am sharp (opening hour for business members) and managed to get Wii #24 out of 24 total. I'm very surprised at my good fortune! Any Costco members should check Canoga Costco tomorrow morning for their sale![/QUOTE]

was it bundled?

[quote name='Greendomo']was it bundled?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Costco only sells a $340 bundle that consists of the Wii, Zelda, and Excite Truck.

bread's done
Back