Losing internet connection Windows 8

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
I seem to be dropping my internet connection frequently now that I have this new Dell Inspirion with Windows 8.

It's not a problem with my internet connection because, the kindle, my phone, the Wife's iMac none of them have this problem.

(I didnt have a problem on my old laptop either. But it's battery seemed to just die)

All of a sudden while online it will tell me major websites like google or Amazon are unavaliable. Wait a few minutes, refresh them and everything's fine.

Only problem is this cuts off my downloads.

A quick google search does show this to be an issue with Windows 8. Is it just my imagination though? Is there a quick and easy fix?

Go to dell.com and see if there's newer drivers for the card. Otherwise, assuming the wireless internet works perfectly fine with other devices, it's likely a bad wireless card. (I just replaced the card for the exact same reason in my Dell Latitude laptop)

Drivers for the Wireless Ethernet Card is most likely the cause if you are using wireless when this happens. It's not an issue with the Windows 8 OS itself, just manufacturers not making decent drivers for the OS.

Like BigPopov said, update your drivers. For Dell, you can go to this site and put in your serial number to get a list of driver downloads that are specific towards your model. If that doesn't work, open up Device Manager and expand your Network Adapters and get the make/model. Then go to the manufacturers website and get it direct from them.

It said the wireless card (?) Is the Dell Wireless Card 1704 . Says the drivers for that is up to date.

How the hell do i even find the command prompt with this windows 8 pseudo-tablet/phone crap?

Try the latest one direct from the manufacturer. Those can be more up-to-date.

Otherwise it's likely a faulty wireless NIC inside the laptop.

bread's done
Back