Losing my internet connection on the 360.

sj41

CAGiversary!
Without all the junk to attempt to make this an interesting story, I'll just say my problem: I get disconnected from XBL when my phone rings.

Junk to enhance story: Several months ago, my dad got some sort of boost to our downloading speed on our DSL internet. I think that's when I started frequently dropping from games in Halo during the daytime. I didn't have any idea why, but it didn't bother me too much since I mostly played at night and it was fine for the most part.

Now I've been playing during the daytime because it's been summer and I do other things at night. I had been playing in my room with my door shut so I rarely heard the phone, it just seemed like I was getting randomly dropped. Then, once I moved my 360 downstairs because of a new T.V., I could hear the phone ring, and every time, I get disconnected from Live, whether I'm playing Halo 2, just private chatting, or playing a 360 game online.

Anybody heard of this or have suggestions for fixing it. I'm on DSL, using a Westell Router/Modem combo, and I'm pretty sure I was dropping on my old Xbox, so I don't think it's my 360's fault. Thanks for any help.

bread's done
Back