Lost complete series for $195 on blu-ray

jeez, I want this but not sure if I wanna spend $195. maybe I'll wait til Black Friday and hope it's on sale lol.

I'd pull the trigger for a half naked Claire ;) But I remember last November the first 5 seasons were on sale pretty cheap, so maybe I'll wait it out...

Although I have all previous seasons on Blu, I absolutely need this set. It's too awesome and 195 isn't TOO bad for it considering all the bonuses and the packaging.

Plus, isn't there some exclusive discs only on the Complete Collection?

man, i wish there was some kind of rebate for all of us who bought each season already... I've already spent about $140 on seasons 1-5, so i'll just pick up season 6...

good for people who waited, though

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if theres one thing thats worth the 195 price tag, there's a 15 min thing thats going to be included
now you ask, what is it?
its gonna be a 15 min synopsis of what (#1) Hurley and (#2) Ben did on the island after everyone left/died

END SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Pajo']SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if theres one thing thats worth the 195 price tag, there's a 15 min thing thats going to be included
now you ask, what is it?
its gonna be a 15 min synopsis of what (#1) Hurley and (#2) Ben did on the island after everyone left/died

END SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

One would think that would be included in the special features on the season 6 set (if that is going to be included in any special features).

Pajo, how did you find out what the extra 15 minutes will be? I thought the rumor was it would explain Walt's role on the island.

Why the hell can't they just make a box set with the discs. I don't want some special case that I can't put up with all my other DVDs.

When it's around $45 cheaper a year or 2 down the road, I'm buying. The August 24th release date is right when classes start up again for me. I'm not going to have a chance to watch these episodes again until next summer. I'll be hoping it drops in price by then.

God damn it...I definitely want this, but I'm wondering if they won't have a better deal on it around the Holidays, or on all of the individual seasons. If only I had bit on that Amazon gold box special on S1-5
iconbluraypng.png
, then' I'd just pick up S6
iconbluraypng.png
. $195 is not awful for what you're getting, but still I'm uber cheap.

[quote name='sendme']Why the hell can't they just make a box set with the discs. I don't want some special case that I can't put up with all my other DVDs.[/QUOTE]

This. Make a box that is still nice looking, but is also able to be placed alongside my other TV shows on DVD/Blu. I don't want to have to either keep the thing tucked away or have it displayed somewhere.

As much as I enjoyed the show, I'll pass on this.

[quote name='sendme']Why the hell can't they just make a box set with the discs. I don't want some special case that I can't put up with all my other DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That's why I didn't buy the Battlestar set right away. Because of that god awful packaging. They will eventually release them in a normal box.

[quote name='mkm1998']Pajo, how did you find out what the extra 15 minutes will be? I thought the rumor was it would explain Walt's role on the island.[/QUOTE]

Michael Emerson said it during an interview on 'Attack of the Show'. He said it would be an epilogue of sorts that showed how Ben and Hurley protected the island after everybody left/died.

[quote name='woodtrain54']Michael Emerson said it during an interview on 'Attack of the Show'. He said it would be an epilogue of sorts that showed how Ben and Hurley protected the island after everybody left/died.[/QUOTE]

!!!!!!!!!!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Hopefully they show who was made current protector after Hurley died, but I doubt it.

[quote name='dg7md']Hopefully they show who was made current protector after Hurley died, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. I'd imagine that he, like Jacob, remained the protector for hundreds of years, especially since he didn't have the MIB at his throat.

Oh, uh, spoilers above.

[quote name='Kilvas09']Was going to buy this because I didn't follow Lost. Someone spoiled the ending for me so I guess it's not worth it now.[/QUOTE]

It absolutely is worth it. I knew the endings to a lot of movies and series I've seen, yet they still blew my minds. I know it sucks you've gotten spoiled but the ending to Lost is hardly the best part of the whole story.

"It's the journey, not the destination."

mkelehan:True, but it could make an interesting montage segment. lolThe island does always need a protector, afterall.

This showed up in my goldbox not once but twice. Finally bit the second time and traded seasons one through five in to amazon. The finale and entire final season were great, it'll be interesting to watch the entire narrative all the way through and see if it holds up as a great serialization. The packaging and goodies were too good to pass up for 185.00.

See I was hoping they'd just release the extras. I don't want to spend the extra money considering I already own all the other sets, though 1 and 2 are standard DVD's. Someone could buy the set and sell me the extras on the cheap if you like.

[quote name='GhostHead']Agreed. That's why I didn't buy the Battlestar set right away. Because of that god awful packaging. They will eventually release them in a normal box.[/QUOTE]

BSG is now in a new case and all it is, is the box set of each season plus razor in a large slip case. As for lost I hope they do bring it out in a normal box set. I'm still kicking my self for buying planet of the apes in the box set.

IMO must own for any huge lost fan, i already have 1-5 on BR and i pre-ordered the second it was released, the packaging is brilliant, comes with brilliant swag i cannot wait.

bread's done
Back