Lost In Blue 2

rlse9

CAGiversary!
From ds.ign.com:

"Konami has revealed that a sequel to last year's Lost in Blue is set to wash up on DS early next year.

Following the same structure as the original game, Lost in Blue 2 sees players controlling a male protagonist who finds himself stranded on an apparently deserted island. Along with a female friend, the pair must work together in order to discover a means of escaping their sun-drenched prison.

As before, players must search for wood and other objects to fashion weapons and feed themselves, fending off dehydration and starvation so as to explore the island's mountainous terrain. However, the sequel will apparently use the DS's touchscreen more extensively this time around. Konami states that the stylus is now invaluable for carpentry, wicker work, cooking food that would normally make the protagonists ill and skin diving.

Other new features include substantially different attributes for the two main leads - the male character is better at climbing, fighting and recovering energy, while the female can hold her breath under water for longer periods of time, is more accurate with a bow and more adept at locating ingredients for those all-important meals. Furthermore, the island now sports an unpredictable climate, meaning players will be exposed to hurricanes and earthquakes throughout their adventures.

Lost in Blue 2 is set for release on DS in early 2007."

Sounds good to me. I've thoroughly enjoyed the first game so far, I've played 70 days so far or something like that. More use of the touch screen sounds good, I liked how the used it in the original. And making each character more useful is a good idea, too. Unpredictable climate could add some interesting ideas. I'll definitely be picking this game up.

Wow, that's cool. I look forward to this game. However, it sounds like it'll just be the same exact game. Oh well, I'll just wait and see how it turns out.

[quote name='JokerCard']I never found the first one so ill just grab this one.....hopefully..[/quote]

i see this game everywhere. is it hard to find or something?

I think the first one is still out of print. But my friend saw it at Best Buy, only one copy left though. I just ordered from amazon instead. They definitely don't carry new ones at GS or EB anymore. But all in all, it's a very good game worth getting.

I think Konami did a reprinting of it.

Anywho, I loved the first game. This does sound like more of the same which is a tad disappointing since this game seems like it was built for co-op. With some luck, we'll see Konami implement it.

[quote name='furyk']I think Konami did a reprinting of it.

Anywho, I loved the first game. This does sound like more of the same which is a tad disappointing since this game seems like it was built for co-op. With some luck, we'll see Konami implement it.[/quote]

That would be awesome, introducing an extra co-op mode after you beat the game :) it would give it some decent replay value

bread's done
Back