Lost in Blue discussion (sign in if you bought the game!)

banpeikun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Hi everyone,

Let's talk about Lost in Blue. I don't have mine yet, will be going out at lunchtime to get it from somewhere, hopefully Target or EB. If you've gotten your copy, post a short note :)

[quote name='dcfox']I preordered mine at EB. Hopefully it'll be in around lunch time so I can pick it up then.[/QUOTE]My EB says they'll get it tomorrow, but Gamestop says they'll have it today. Unfortunately my credit is all at EB.

[quote name='banpeikun']My EB says they'll get it tomorrow, but Gamestop says they'll have it today. Unfortunately my credit is all at EB.[/QUOTE]Well I ended up going to Gamestop and picking it up. I got there just as the FedEx truck was leaving, they were still unpacking the box. Yay!

Been playing it for a week and just get fustrated with the beginning. Maybe it'd help if I devoted more than 15 minute periods to playing it.

I'm sorry but after drinking something like 7 coconuts I wouldn't be thirsty anymore. ~_~;

[quote name='Quigoni']Been playing it for a week and just get fustrated with the beginning. Maybe it'd help if I devoted more than 15 minute periods to playing it.

I'm sorry but after drinking something like 7 coconuts I wouldn't be thirsty anymore. ~_~;[/QUOTE]How'd you get it a week ago? I've only had time to play one game day so far. I lit my fire and went to sleep. My backpack is full of hermit crabs and clams. They'll probably attack me in my sleep, haha.

[quote name='banpeikun']How'd you get it a week ago? I've only had time to play one game day so far. I lit my fire and went to sleep. My backpack is full of hermit crabs and clams. They'll probably attack me in my sleep, haha.[/QUOTE]

As I keep saying though no one believes me, I have a contact in NOA. It happens to be my fiance in fact. I know things like there will be no Micro displays because he works in Display Support or "DOTS" as they like to call it.

[quote name='banpeikun']How'd you get it a week ago? I've only had time to play one game day so far. I lit my fire and went to sleep. My backpack is full of hermit crabs and clams. They'll probably attack me in my sleep, haha.[/QUOTE]
I only got to play it for a few minutes so all I did was collect some twigs, bark and coconut. After having played Nintendogs exclusively since it was released, it feels weird to have to go back to d pad and face buttons.

Well, seeing as how the nearest polace to get games is Target around here, if Target has it tomorrow (didn't today) I'll get it then.

If not, I'm going to wait until Saturday to get it at EB, GameStop or Best Buy, whichever has it. I hope it doesn't sell out. -_-

Its a bit of a challenge starting out.. until you can start fishing and hunting for food it is hard to keep yourself and the girl fed. I can see how it would get somewhat repetative, but I'm enjoying it.

[quote name='Robobandit']Its a bit of a challenge starting out.. until you can start fishing and hunting for food it is hard to keep yourself and the girl fed. I can see how it would get somewhat repetative, but I'm enjoying it.[/QUOTE]
True, I died twice before I was able to fish. But now I have both the guy and girl constantly at high 90s for their life gauge.

I've been looking to get this game or Trace Memory...

This game looks cool, and I love exploring, but I want there to be a lot of mystery involved with the island (like LOST).

While Trace Memory would certainly quench my thirst for mystery, I've heard it's really short. and that it's linear (so not much exploring).

But the only game I can find around me is Trace Memory! Should I get it?

Mother fucking Target and Walmart didn't have the ogddamn game.

Although I was able to get the Family Guy DVD and some pencils, no game......

I'm gonna get it at EB, GS or BB..or CC....this weekend, if they have it.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Mother fucking Target and Walmart didn't have the ogddamn game.

Although I was able to get the Family Guy DVD and some pencils, no game......

I'm gonna get it at EB, GS or BB..or CC....this weekend, if they have it.[/QUOTE]

id try calling up TRU. we got about 4-6 copies yesterday.

im interested in checking this game out. 29.99 makes it a little tempting as a blind buy, but I think I'll wait on this one.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']goddamnit, all these great games coming out, and no DS for me...[/QUOTE]

According to most reviews, Lost in Blue, Lunar, and Trace Memory were disappointments. So, don't be upset about not having a DS...

... until Castlevania comes out next week. :lol:

I bought this today, but I've been too busy being here with you people, listening to Ace of Base, and playing Lunar. =X

[quote name='Amano']I bought this today, but I've been too busy being here with you people, listening to Ace of Base, and playing Lunar. =X[/QUOTE]

Wait...Are you suggesting that someone would listen to Ace of Base by choice?

I blame watching Night at the Roxbury. ¬ ¬ At least it isn't "The Sign".

I'll pop this baby into my DS today during lunch break. I'm excited. XD

I've been playing for a couple days now. My early impressions are the game is pretty fun, but very tedious/difficult. The controls don't feel that smooth, the boy is always either doing the "almost falling off" animation or not close enough to an edge to climb down. A lot of things like your spices are found just by randomly searching a piece of ground.

It's a struggle just to keep you and the girl alive. The pace of the game is limited by all the things you have to do to not die. It takes some persistence to fight through the difficulties to get to the deeper, more interesting parts of the island, which are quite a ways away from your cave. The game does have depth, as there are tasks the girl can start doing at home, making baskets, rope, etc, as well as a lot more things the boy can do beyond fishing and hunting. There are animal traps and animals that can be domesticated, as well as items that wash up on the beach to improve your cave-home (a bottle for water, a barrel, etc.

I can't find this game anywhere I went to kmart, eb, gamestop...and...well that is it but whats the deal? This game wasn't really even largely anticapated. Eb said that they aren't planning on getting anymore more shipments.

I dunno if I wanna buy this game. Sounds tedious and annoying. I'd rather save my cash, and get Trauma Center.

There were tons of copies at best buy and frys when I was there earlier today, but ebgames and gamestop said they never received the shipment of them...

Eb and Gamestop will probably either get their shipment in today or monday I hope.
I find it odd that they didn't get any shipments yet.

just got the game.

is there any constant source of water besides coconuts? cause my water percentage is always under 10..

-edit-
ha, i got it now.

you can drink from the river at that one spot..

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I was looking forward to this, but the reviews have me thinking otherwise. I'll save my cash for Castlevania.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, don't listen to all the bad reviews this game got. If you like harvest moon like games then I'de say get this one...you will either love it or hate it but I think it is a really awesome game. It does get tedious after a while but it is still fun.

[quote name='steveinneed']Honestly, don't listen to all the bad reviews this game got. If you like harvest moon like games then I'de say get this one...you will either love it or hate it but I think it is a really awesome game. It does get tedious after a while but it is still fun.[/QUOTE]I haven't had much time to play it, but seems to not be as good of a "pick up and play" sort of game, even though days are only like 15 minutes long. I have a bird, but it's only been a day or two in game, so no eggs yet heh.

I'm currently playing this game...

it's hard since... Skye is a pig.. damn that girl can eat.. takes like 10 fish to fill that B#tch up..

Wishes I never found her in the 1st place.. LOLz...

overall I'm enjoying it quite a bit mroe than lunar...

This game is really fun, got the game the other day... rather tedious as previously said, but it's very fun overall...

I think I will buy this Saturday along with Trauma Cnter. Is the game really that good to spend 30 bucks oin it though?

Bad reviews be damned! This game rocks!

I think I'm on day 4 or 5. All I've had the eat is varius shrooms, coconuts, and two different types of washed up clam things. And seaweed.

I have a rock, dunno what to do with it...

And my character mentioned something about making a spear, but I can't. I have twigs...but can't make a spear.

I'm staying healthgy, but food is an isssue.

Sweet game.

Edit: Skye mentioned something about a knife on the raft. Do I automatically have it? Becuase I can't find it.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']
Edit: Skye mentioned something about a knife on the raft. Do I automatically have it? Becuase I can't find it.[/QUOTE]

i think she said something about her having the knife, and that she will use it to cook food for you. i've yet to find a knife for myself, though.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Bad reviews be damned! This game rocks!

I think I'm on day 4 or 5. All I've had the eat is varius shrooms, coconuts, and two different types of washed up clam things. And seaweed.

I have a rock, dunno what to do with it...

And my character mentioned something about making a spear, but I can't. I have twigs...but can't make a spear.

I'm staying healthgy, but food is an isssue.

Sweet game.

Edit: Skye mentioned something about a knife on the raft. Do I automatically have it? Becuase I can't find it.[/QUOTE]I assume you figured out most of the things by now, but you need a stick (not twigs) to make a spear. When you find a stick, you will learn to make spears and sharpen rocks. Sharpening a rock doesn't really help your spear any, but there's not much else you can do with it for a while, so it doesn't hurt. If you're looking for sticks, start climbing the area just across the river. If you don't see a stick by that tree above the mushrooms (they spawn randomly), try going all the way to the area you find raspberries (a bit of a trek). Good luck!

[quote name='Fathergamer']I love the game, a little repetitive, but i love it!:) Can anyone tell me how to make a better arrow?[/QUOTE]Add a feather. You can find them by going to the tree at the SE corner of the plains. You'll see a hidden way to climb down. Keep climbing down until you find a large open area to the left with some scattered trees. You'll find eggs (white) and feathers (black) there. All the arrows with feathers are more accurate, but you should only be shooting them at trapped animals anyway... There are 8 arrow permutations of stick/bamboo bone/stone and feather/no feather.

[quote name='MarkLor']Does anyone know what i need to do to build a raft?[/QUOTE]Tons of logs and rope. You need like 2 of each for each step (I think 6 steps total)

[quote name='banpeikun']Add a feather. You can find them by going to the tree at the SE corner of the plains. You'll see a hidden way to climb down. Keep climbing down until you find a large open area to the left with some scattered trees. You'll find eggs (white) and feathers (black) there. All the arrows with feathers are more accurate, but you should only be shooting them at trapped animals anyway... There are 8 arrow permutations of stick/bamboo bone/stone and feather/no feather.[/QUOTE]

Thank You!:)

[quote name='banpeikun']Tons of logs and rope. You need like 2 of each for each step (I think 6 steps total)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :lol:

bread's done
Back