Lost In Blue

rlse9

CAGiversary!
I figure this probably isn't going to produce much for results, but it's worth a shot. Has anyone happened to have seen any deals on Lost In Blue? The best I can find (and about the only place I can find the game period) is using the 10% off coupon at Best Buy to get the game for $27. I'm guessing that's as good as it will get but I figured I'd try anyway to see if anyone else has seen better.

[quote name='bryankot']Do yourself a favor and forget all about this horrible game. No deal is good enough for this piece O' SHIT. The game is a dirty chore, that is no fun in the least. After you buy it let me know when I can say I told you so.[/quote]

You, good sir, have entirely missed the point of this title.

The game is full of the beautiful, passive cruelty of nature. Here you are, on an island! Simply by existing, you are draining your resources. Everything you need to survive indefinitely is just sitting out there, ready for you to take it--but taking it is a struggle. It's not that it's difficult; shaking a tree until a fruit falls, opening your inventory, and eating it is easy. What's difficult is that you've got to do that all the time until you create the means to gather food more efficiently.

That's what this game is all about. Efficiency. Economy of motion. Conservation of resources.

Once you can master this, the game opens up to you and allows you to expand your horizons. Instead of just hoping you can live to see another sunrise, you want to see how far you can go without sacrificing everything you have built up so far. Failing in your adventures at least doesn't get you killed when you're this far, but it will set you back in everything else...supplies, shelter, Skye relationship, etc.

Nothing is ever handed to you -- every inch of progress you make feels as if it's your own.

I had a hard time finding this game anywhere, let alone on sale. I ended up buying it from Konami's online store for $29.99 plus $7.99 shipping, which was a bit steep, but better than not being able to get the game at all. Unless it's been reprinted, you might have a hard time finding a deal on it. If you don't mind a used copy, you might have better luck finding it.

Whenever I'm trying to find a new copy of a game that's been out of print for a while, I check places that aren't typically frequented for video games: Kmart, Comp USA, Toys 'R Us, Fye, etc; these stores tend to have lower turnover rates on games, so a game that you might not be able to find anywhere else might be available at one of those.

The only place I've seen it recently is the one copy at the Best Buy here. I figured there wouldn't be any deals on it that could beat $27, but I figured I'd check just in case.

Unless you happen to chance across it for $25 at a GS/EB. I've not seen it for less than that.

So for a new price of $27 go for it. More power to you if you have one of those $5 gamer cards that BB seems to be trying to phase out.

I got a used complete copy off of Ebay for $24 shipped. $20-$22 is about the average rate it's going for before shipping.

My girlfriend found hers at Best Buy the week before the Lite came out (don't think they had any other copies). It's hard to find around here.

-HM

Why use the 10% off coupon at Best Buy when you can use the GGC and get it for $24.99 at Best Buy? I'm assuming your store is out of GGCs?

Yeah, no GGCs. So I picked it up for a little over $28 after tax a couple days ago. Not bad, I picked up a few extra hours at work that day that I didn't really want to take, but they covered the cost of the game, so I didn't have to feel bad about spending money on a game when I really shouldn't have.

Haven't had much time with the game so far, but up to this point I enjoy it.

[quote name='Pijaibros']You, good sir, have entirely missed the point of this title.

The game is full of the beautiful, passive cruelty of nature. Here you are, on an island! Simply by existing, you are draining your resources. Everything you need to survive indefinitely is just sitting out there, ready for you to take it--but taking it is a struggle. It's not that it's difficult; shaking a tree until a fruit falls, opening your inventory, and eating it is easy. What's difficult is that you've got to do that all the time until you create the means to gather food more efficiently.

That's what this game is all about. Efficiency. Economy of motion. Conservation of resources.

Once you can master this, the game opens up to you and allows you to expand your horizons. Instead of just hoping you can live to see another sunrise, you want to see how far you can go without sacrificing everything you have built up so far. Failing in your adventures at least doesn't get you killed when you're this far, but it will set you back in everything else...supplies, shelter, Skye relationship, etc.

Nothing is ever handed to you -- every inch of progress you make feels as if it's your own.[/QUOTE]

... We're talking about a videogame here right? I don't like struggling in my video games...

bread's done
Back