Lost in Shadow Wii $14.99 Newegg

[quote name='oscargrouch']Finally! In for 1. No need to buy two games in the Best Buy B2G1 to get this now.[/QUOTE]

I'm out as well since there was no other recommendations in that thread.

i found out when someone posted the Saw 2 deal. it was on the front page in the 48hrs deal. i ordered Lost in Shadow right away. I was pretty upset when i ordered No More Heroes 2 and Trauma Team and then later it ended up "not in stock". waited for days for it to be shipped and got an email later saying its not in the inventory blah blah blah.

I really wanted to like this game because it's such a great concept, but the gameplay is a little too rigid for my tastes. It's very creative, but it comes at the cost of it being terribly redundant in its level design.

[quote name='GreatDoink']Picked one up, been waiting for this to go down in price since I've played a demo of it. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

A demo of a Wii retail game? Where did you play that?

[quote name='KemperJones']A demo of a Wii retail game? Where did you play that?[/QUOTE]

Not sure where the previous poster played a demo of "Lost in Shadow", but I played a demo of it at one of the Best Buy stores near me.

[quote name='emperordahc']Backlog and upcoming bills say I have to skip this for now. $10 range, baby. :([/QUOTE]

Same here. Just way too much to play. I was considering this in the recent B2G1 at Gamestop, but they didn't have it in stock.

Fantastic game! I picked it up for $25 a couple of weeks ago, and it was a great deal at that price. At $15 its a STEAL, I'm going to get a couple as gifts for some fellow gamers!

[quote name='KemperJones']A demo of a Wii retail game? Where did you play that?[/QUOTE]

Played a demo in Best Buy when it came out.

Glad you posted this OP! I just accidentally stumbled across it on Newegg, and hopped it had been.

I'd been looking forward to Lost in Shadow for a few years before the release...but then the reviews were pretty terrible, so it scared me off. But $15? It's 2D, and there's hardly any 2D games on 'big' systems anymore. And the concept is great...so I'll give it a chance.

[quote name='Vegan']I wish I didn't have to pay tax for Newegg. It's consistently a deal-breaker for me.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be. For one, states aren't exactly overflowing with tax revenue. For another, most/all/a lot(?) of states you have to pay tax on it in some form regardless. For another, what's tax on $15? Can't amount to anything much.

[quote name='Wolfpup']For another, what's tax on $15? Can't amount to anything much.[/QUOTE]

An extra $1.50. I don't want Lost in Shadow for $16.50, I want it for more like $10. Maaaybe I would bite at 12.

Wish I would have waited and picked it up from Amazon. Oh well. It will arrive sooner or later.

Vegan,

Now you can pick this one up tax free, since I think they only charge tax if you live in NY.

Thanks for posting OP. Ordered one.

$15+tax was good enough for me . The title seems to be one of those games that wasn't carried by many stores and would rather not risk missing out altogether.

Definitely a good deal for $15. I managed to score a disc demo from Hudson at an event late last year, but I'm not sure how that compares to the Best Buy store demo. The version I have was pretty lengthy and got a good feel for the game. From what I've played, reviews were way too harsh on it.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I don't think 3rd party sales count as an Amazon price match...[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a 3rd party seller, it was directly from Amazon. But it looks like the deal is dead now. Glad I picked one up when I did.

Bah, I've been waiting for this one to drop, and I keep missing it when it does. I'm afraid of missing it entirely, so I guess I'm just going to bite on the $16.45 with Prime offer from one of Amazon's third-party sellers.

[quote name='imanerd0011']
Vegan,

Now you can pick this one up tax free, since I think they only charge tax if you live in NY.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you get charged tax in any state in which there's a shipping warehouse. They ship out of City of Industry, CA, 20 miles away. The upside is that their free shipping turns out to be 2-day delivery.

bread's done
Back