Lost Odyssey - $51.79 - Costco B&M

I really want to play this, but I can tell this will die in the states like Blue Dragon, so you'll score some decent deals soon. If it doesn't have a chainsaw on a gun, it won't stay full price for long.

[quote name='beezdeez']I really want to play this, but I can tell this will die in the states like Blue Dragon, so you'll score some decent deals soon. If it doesn't have a chainsaw on a gun, it won't stay full price for long.[/quote]

I thought about this, but I would like to see more games like Lost Odyssey made. So I forwent the inevitable savings and bought it on release day. So far I think it is worth full price.

[quote name='beezdeez']I really want to play this, but I can tell this will die in the states like Blue Dragon, so you'll score some decent deals soon. If it doesn't have a chainsaw on a gun, it won't stay full price for long.[/quote]
Eh, I actually think that it will achieve much greater success in the U.S. than Blue Dragon did. The marketing push and good word of mouth are helping LO, and its visual style is probably more appealing to the gaming public than Blue Dragon's "kiddie" visual style was.

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']I thought about this, but I would like to see more games like Lost Odyssey made. So I forwent the inevitable savings and bought it on release day. So far I think it is worth full price.[/quote]

I thought about this too. I'd love for there to be more games with good story lines. I thought about supporting the devs and forking over the $60 but it's just not in the cards right now. I think I'd rather wait until it at least came down to like $40. I have a really hard time buying a game at $60 when there is no continued playability beyond one playthrough. Games like COD4 and Mass Effect are $60 buys for me because I've clocked days on them.

From what I've read, this isn't really a game that has a multiple playthrough factor.

I'm tempted to get it from Costco because they foolishly stacked 3 discs on top of each other (and the 4th in a sleeve inside!) and I got burned by the same packing in BD (scratched discs, took 3 tries before a set of 3 without scratches :cry: )

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']I thought about this, but I would like to see more games like Lost Odyssey made. So I forwent the inevitable savings and bought it on release day. So far I think it is worth full price.[/quote]
I'm with you man. I bought it at Target and get a $10 gift card Sunday. I couldn't put down $60 but hell yea for $50. It was totally worth every single dime. I'm really happy to see that the former staff from Sacnoth/Nautilus had some involvement in this game too. Damn nice OST as well.

[quote name='DontPushMe']Is this really a deal? Costco always sells games in the store from $53-55, is a 1-2 dollar sale really worth mention?[/quote]

I'm glad the OP mentioned it. I preordered it from DeepDiscount and they told me they won't have it in stock until March. I'm heading over to Costco tonight to see if I can pick it up for about the same price DD had it for, except I won't have to wait for it to ship.

As Costco is kinda hit and miss when it comes to which games they stock, I don't mind posts about which games they do get. Still not quite as good as the Target sale (10 gift card) this week, but it's good if you don't shop at Target, I guess.

One Costco has a ton of games while anotherone 15 mins away has 0 games now. Not all of them carry the same stuff.

[quote name='DontPushMe']Is this really a deal? Costco always sells games in the store from $53-55, is a 1-2 dollar sale really worth mention?[/quote]If you don't need those couple of bucks, please PayPal them to me since you're a Not-As-CheapAssGamer.:shame:

I was just going to post this too. I grabbed one of the last 5 copies at my local Costco during lunch.

Can't wait to play it tonight.

bread's done
Back