Lost Odyssey at Amazon for 29.99

Johnnyb

CAGiversary!
I didn't see a thread for this, so I don't know if this is a good price for this game or not, but it seems to be. Just got a 360 for Christmas and i am considering ordering it. I love RPG's so, if this is a good price I may bite on this one.

really fun game! thanks this is the best price i have seen!
CAGpixel.JPG

One of my favorite JRPG's for the 360 next to Eternal Sonata. I played both to completion (well beat ES twice because of the encore mode). Very good storyline, the ring mechanics of combat are interesting, and about 60hrs of play. The only downsides of LO are the occasional framerate drops, but installing to HD should help. Worth it for $26 or $30 easily.

Is there any multiplayer? I've been looking in to Tales of Vesperia for me and my brother to run through (Loved symphonia) but this might do.

I've been waiting for a deal on this but with my backlog of games, I think I'll hold out for something under $20.

[quote name='hayamakun']I heard mediocre reviews about the game. What do you guys think? Worth it for the price?[/quote]

$30 is about right if (and only if) you're a JRPG fan, as it follows the JRPG formula every step of the way (long cut scenes, turn-based fighting, etc.). I'm on disc 3 right now, and I like it a lot, but I realize it isn't for everyone.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is there any multiplayer? I've been looking in to Tales of Vesperia for me and my brother to run through (Loved symphonia) but this might do.[/quote]

Nope. Most RPG's do not have multiplayer.

This is a stand out RPG on the 360. Don't pay attention to the reviews, this is a great game. I'm not much for JRPGs but this is easily one of the best RPGs in recent years, and definitely in the top 3 for the 360.

I only made it to the second disc, but what I played of it had some of the best storytelling in any RPG that I've played. The dream-recall stories are fantastic

The reviews mainly complained about the load times, which were fixed at the last minute. Retail discs load a lot faster than the review copies. If you have the HDD space to install it, it's even better. They're no problem.

LO has a great storyline but will take up at least 30-60 hours of your time and some bosses are really hard to kill

[quote name='katt421']LO has a great storyline but will take up at least 30-60 hours of your time and some bosses are really hard to kill[/quote]

The first boss is so freaking tough it's not even funny. The rest becomes easy so long as you fight a couple battles here and there. This is one RPG that every 360 owner should experience.

[quote name='hayamakun']I heard mediocre reviews about the game. What do you guys think? Worth it for the price?[/QUOTE]

MEDIOCRE?! NAY! i actually saw the mediocre reviews too, but i got it like 3 months ago, and i absolutely loved it. One of the best jrpgs of the year, along with tales of vesperia.

also.... like i said, i got the game 3 months ago.... but it was $30 then at my Walmart.... maybe i just got lucky or something...

paid $60 at release, bought the DLC, 1100/1100, absolutely worth it in every way. The reviews are not a good judgement on this game, as others have said the preview copies had loading issues which don't impact the retail version.

Thanks for posting this. I ordered it this morning! I heard that Mistwalker is made up of some of the team that made Chrono Trigger, which is one of my fave RPGs of all time.

Thanks to the OP I just picked up a copy. All the reviews have been somewhat mediocre but all the user reviews have praised the game. Is their any DLC that's worth buying for this game?

just rented from GameFly, very good game. Was just about $48 on Amazon last night lol. Will definitely buy soon.

It's a great game. No, it's actually an excellent game, underrated as well. The only thing is that the gameplay is very traditional. It's a literally turn-based, like, FFX. I love that aspect of it, but others may not.

I just bought it for $40 yesterday... I used to own it before I traded in my 360, but I came crawling back to this now wonderful system.... A bit annoyed by the price drop since it's backlogged on my shelf anyway.

BTW I'd pay $100 or more for it, it's fantastic ;)

bread's done
Back