Lost Odyssey for $53.99 shipped

[quote name='cranguy']I would cancel my Amazon preorder if they assured me it included the bonus content[/quote]

My guess is that it will be a simple code you enter...a generic code like "LOPREORDER" or something to unlock. Though I may be wrong...

Yeah, Amazon said they would email the code once they ship the game, or something like that. Are the codes usually generic like that?

My understanding is that the content will be available as a paid DLC later. With that said I'm pretty sure the code they give you will be different for each person.

Heard it on 1UP Your podcast a few weeks back I believe.

The code is supposed to be different for each person, and also a one-time use code. It will be available for download later, and in Japan at least, it was free.

Has anyone ever preordered with deepdiscount before?
I looked on the site and they claim to ship preorders such that they arrive on the streetdate, I'm wondering how accurate that is...

I canceled my Forza 2 preorder with Amazon and they still emailed me the code. And it wasn't some generic code either, it was in the standard 16 digit "redeem code" format from the Live Marketplace.

[quote name='juicebox']Has anyone ever preordered with deepdiscount before?
I looked on the site and they claim to ship preorders such that they arrive on the streetdate, I'm wondering how accurate that is...[/quote]

It was accurate for me when I preordered Tomb Raider Anniversary 360 from them.

[quote name='Pinnacle']The early feedback says this game is great.[/quote]

THIS.

My faith in the rpg genre is banking on this being a helluva great game. C'mon 360 owners and show the rpg love.

Would've jumped on this BUT I have a $25 Amazon GC coming to me so I'll probably pick it up there. Nice find, though, OP.

[quote name='Pinnacle']The early feedback says this game is great.[/QUOTE]

Depending upon what you value in an RPG... according to IGN's editor on the insider boards, load times are rampant, the story largely falls into cliches, and the music is mostly forgettable.

That being said, I still have my (free) copy pre-ordered and don't doubt there will be many fans of the game... I do expect, however, that it's not going to fare well once the reviews are unleashed.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Depending upon what you value in an RPG... according to IGN's editor on the insider boards, load times are rampant, the story largely falls into cliches, and the music is mostly forgettable.

That being said, I still have my (free) copy pre-ordered and don't doubt there will be many fans of the game... I do expect, however, that it's not going to fare well once the reviews are unleashed.[/quote]

Have you read any other reviewer's preview besides IGNs? Other sites that I've been following are saying the game is great. I read IGN's preview as well, and it's the only really negative one I've found.

And I have to ask...free pre-order?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Depending upon what you value in an RPG... according to IGN's editor on the insider boards, load times are rampant, the story largely falls into cliches, and the music is mostly forgettable.
[/QUOTE]
So it's a Japanese Mass Effect?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']...and the music is mostly forgettable.
[/quote]

Sorry, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, but I have to disagree with you 100% here.

I received my OST from Play-Asia last week and I must say I think it is some of Uematsu's best work and I haven't even seen how it's been implemented in the game yet!

The Prolouge/World Theme is beautiful and is a track that I've been caught humming quite a few times. There is also a some awesome battle theme music as well.

I guess it depends on how closely you have followed Uematsu's work. I feel FF IX was one of his greatest works ever. Lost Odyssey may not be as wonderful as IX's but it is defintely not forgettable.

$54 is the best deal? Eh... I guess I'll wait a bit then.
Then again if my wife decides this game is really awesome then I'll have it earlier, as she didn't use up her entire budget yet :p

[quote name='h3ro']Sorry, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, but I have to disagree with you 100% here.

I received my OST from Play-Asia last week and I must say I think it is some of Uematsu's best work and I haven't even seen how it's been implemented in the game yet!

The Prolouge/World Theme is beautiful and is a track that I've been caught humming quite a few times. There is also a some awesome battle theme music as well.

I guess it depends on how closely you have followed Uematsu's work. I feel FF IX was one of his greatest works ever. Lost Odyssey may not be as wonderful as IX's but it is defintely not forgettable.[/QUOTE]

Well, just to clarify, you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with my source--I'm just the messenger here ;)

I'm hoping this one will be good, but I'm also keeping my hopes in check until I start to see some actual reviews...

I did a bunch of trade-ins a month or so ago to have credit for this game at a local mom n pop place.

[quote name='nasum']I did a bunch of trade-ins a month or so ago to have credit for this game at a local mom n pop place.[/quote]

Cool, I was wondering.

[quote name='nasum']I did a bunch of trade-ins a month or so ago to have credit for this game at a local mom n pop place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I threw all my local store credit into Culdcept Saga and the LE of DMC4; I'm getting LO free per my sig. Definitely a great time to be a gamer...

Though I'm rather irked as I just sent my (second) 360 off today due to the three red lights... *sigh*

[quote name='Zoglog']scored 8 on avg in japan[/QUOTE]
So a 10 if it had squeezed Fantasy or Dragon into name.

11 if it was on the Wii or PS3 instead of the filthy gaijin system.

[quote name='h3ro']I guess it depends on how closely you have followed Uematsu's work. I feel FF IX was one of his greatest works ever. Lost Odyssey may not be as wonderful as IX's but it is defintely not forgettable.[/quote]I'm a big fan of both FF and Uematsu's work and I didn't really appreciate FFIX's soundtrack until I heard the Final Fantasy IX Piano Collections.... putting all those wonderful melodies in a new context really brought them out for me.

Also "Melodies of Life" is one of my favorite themes from any game ever.

I really, REALLY enjoyed Blue Dragon but the music was disappointing for me, especially knowing it was Uematsu. The last of his compositions that really struck me was that vocal piece from Advent Children, which to be fair, wasn't THAT long ago.

Look. The guys who ran a promo on Twilight Princess and cancelled it after jerking all of us around for weeks.

Passing on deepdiscount now and in the future.

Has anybody's order through deepdiscount shipped yet? I know it just came out today, but should it have been in "processing" status for 4 days now?

Boy these guys are slow!!! Nothing has changed yet..its still on pre-order! lol I buy lots of dvds from them and they always get movies on the day of release but I guess its not the same with games. If it doesn't ship by monday I'll just have to cancel the order. Luckily I have Devil May Cry 4 to keep me busy for a week but my patience with deepdiscount will wear thin by monday.

I just canceled mine. I realized that I can buy it at fye for the same price with the Backstage Pass card.

I should have remembered that my last preorder from Deep Discount was slow as molasses. I'll make sure not to preorder from them again.

[quote name='FeendRendor']Use NKP28ME4 as well to get free shipping off anything at FamilyVideo.com.[/quote]

@ FeendRendor - do you work at familyvideo.com? why'd you pull up 3 old ass threads with the same response above???

bread's done
Back