Lost Odyssey [Pre-owned] $9.99 @ BestBuy.com

Will this come "complete" or is it a gamble? I want to re-buy this game, since I sold it off.
Mine arrived disc only, but for what it's worth, all of the discs are in very good condition. I was a little disappointed since I like to have complete games, but for $10 and the condition that it's in, I can't complain too much.

Like others I've got to chime in and say "one of the Xbox's best exclusives".  A must buy if you like Sakaguchi's older games (i.e. Final Fantasy 1-10, Chrono Trigger).  It's EXACTLY like another Final Fantasy circa 6-10, which is a great thing.

I hate that it never got a sequel.  It's a full story, I don't feel ripped off or anything, but there's...room...in the story that they easily could have done a direct sequel.

Blue Dragon's got good gameplay, but the story's much worse.  His newest, The Last Story, was better than I'd feared, pretty good, but I didn't like the story half as much, and while functional, I vastly prefer an active time battle system type-system to The Last Story's action-rpg mechanics.

Didn't realize LO was held in such high esteem. I was under the impression that it was just good for gen it was in. Might just have to use the GS birthday coupon on it at some point.

I know it would be complicated to do, but best buy should list a tiered plan on buying used games. Cheapest without a case, more expensive Complete in original box and so on...
eStarland.com does this. They are pretty particular about the condition of their stuff, and they do offer tiered prices based on completion of package. I do love them for this.

Since we're all giving opinions, just thought I'd share an opposing view. I disliked LO --slow pacing, terrible voice acting and generic character designs made for a slightly above avg. experience.  I do agree that this is one of the better Jrpgs of the last gen, but that's more a commentary about how badly bruised the genre is overall.  Vesperia is a far superior game, and though Ni No Kuni is excellent, I think Vesperia is still better.  Frankly, you're better off picking up PS2 games like Persona if you're looking for the best in the genre.

I'm hoping P5 can finally give me a Jrpg I can root for.

bread's done
Back